Chapter 15

I've never had to give much thought on when and why my powers work in different ways, but having a vision about Will around his parents tells me that it's something I need to think about. My visions have always involved me, if I'm not there or a part of the conversation then I don't get a look in, but this time it was different and I have a feeling it's because I was around his parents. This could be a huge breakthrough, something that gives us a head start on attacking or preventing an attack on us each time.

I rush back to my car, silently hoping that no one hears or see's me. I'm sure I'll have been found out in school now and my phone is still in my car so I have no clue if I'm in deep trouble or not. I take the time alone to think about the next steps that we should be taking in this battle, which we have to admit it is now.

Will won't stop until he has what he wants and that's me. The vision shown that he has men, that was evident by the attack on my father but we need to know just how many. I sit in my car, looking at my phone with is on the passenger seat face down. I don't have the nerve to pick that up right now. I drive quickly to the pack house. I should really go back to school but with all of this information there's no way.

I put my foot down, feeling like it's a race against time, at this point I think everything we do against Will is a race against time. I know now that Ben is willing to get dirty, especially after cutting Collin's finger off, but I know that Will can and will go even worse. This can't be a battle of who can hurt who more until eventually there's no one left. This has to end, but how?

I pull up to the pack house and look up at the grand building. There's been many battles here in the past but I just can't come to terms with the fact that I may have brought another one to them. The front door opens and Ben is at the doors, rushing down the stone steps of the palace like building.

"Arabella! Oh thank God you're okay!" He engulfs me in a bear hug, crushing me into his body and almost cutting off my air supply.

"Ben" I say, struggling to say his name from the lack of oxygen.

He pulls me away with a wry smile "Sorry." The smile suddenly falls and I know that I'm in a hole heap of trouble "Where the hell have you been?" He asks impatiently "You weren't at school, no one knew where you'd been, you-" He looks behind me "You drove Maya's car?"

I don't know what he's more angry at, the fact I didn't tell him my plans, the fact I managed to pull it off or that Maya was involved. "Listen, just hear me out"

He raises his brows "Hear you out? Arabella you went missing!"

I roll my eyes at the exaggeration. "No, I didn't, technically I just escaped the constant watching"

Realisation hits him "The thunder, that was you wasn't it?"

I grimace, nodding. "Can we please talk about it inside?"

He looks like he's aged a year in the past day and nods, giving up on the tough mate act. "My office."
I feel like I'm being sent to the principal's office, but I comply nonetheless, the last thing I need is to dig a bigger hole for myself. We're silent as we walk inside and I smile to those I pass, feeling like everyone knows what I've been up to today although it's clear that not even Ben knows.

As we get into his office, he orders everyone to leave, including his dad who smiles at me briefly. I can tell that they've all had Ben's wrath this morning and more than likely saw him chop off Collin's finger, I wonder where that is.

"Well, do you want to explain?" He acts angrily as he slams the door shut.

I take a deep breath as I set my bag on the leather sofa in the corner of the dark wooden room. "If I don't will you chop my finger off too?" I ask, tilting my head.