zero. caught cheating.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
the prologue.
—— AMIYA'S POV 🧩

꒰ 🍪 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

"I'LL CALL you later, Amiya. Im busy right now." Hunter says agitatedly as he answers my call.

"Hunter, I had to call 6 times to get you to answer me. What could possibly be so important?" I sigh angrily.

"Hunter, you coming? Just hang up on My, she'll get over it." I hear from the distance.

I'd know that voice anywhere... Madison.

"Hunter? Are you with Madison?" I ask him.

"What? No, baby. I'm not with Madison. Why would I be?" He scoffs, "are you accusing me of cheating?"

"No! I'm not, Hunter. I just... that sounds a lot like her." I mumble.

"Hunter, just hang up on that bitch already! She's too nice to get mad if you hang up, I'm getting bored and you promised me we wou—"

"Yeah, just— hold on, Mads." He says quickly, but he realizes his slip-up too late. "Fuck.."

"Yeah, that's fucking Madison. What are you two doing together?!" I say furiously, angered that he'd lie to me.

"We're uh—" he stutters, "planning something for you. Gotta go, baby. Bye."

"But, I—"

He hangs up on me. I groan in annoyance as I set my phone down on my bed. Is he really telling the truth, though? Only me and Quinn call her Mads... I decide for once that I'm not going to trust my sketchy boyfriend, and I hop into my car and speed down to his house, because he stupidly left his location on.

I also have a key, since he trusts me or whatever, so when I arrive I just unlock the door and walk in.

"I can't believe she believed you're dumbass excuse of having too much homework to hang out tonight." Hunter snickers from another room, and who I can now confirm is one hundred percent Madison giggles.

"I know! And then she really believed you weren't with me? Is she that stupid?" Madison adds, and I feel my heart break a little.

I'd been best friends with Madison since... well, since I'd fallen out with him... who we'd sweared we wouldn't ever mention again because of how bad it hurt me to lose my absolute best friend.

"God, she was so annoying. You're breaking up with her soon, right?" Madison speaks again, "And the way she couldn't handle losing Brady as if they were gonna last anyways. He's way too hot to be friends with her."

"I know," Hunter laughs, "she's not even pretty. I'm not sure why I got with her, but I'm glad I met you through her. And yeah, I'm planning on breaking up with her tomorrow at school."

I could've accepted if it was Hunter saying these things... but Madison? She's my best frie— was my best friend. She'd helped me through almost everything I'd gone through in the last year.

"Mads, do you really think that...?" I mumble, and her eyes widen.

"Oh, uhm... Amiya! How much— how much did you hear?" She stutters, seeming to be shocked that I'm here.

"Enough." I spit, and Hunter spins around, seeing me standing there.

"Baby!" He says quickly, "what, uh— what're you doing here?"

"I didn't trust your word." I shrug, trying to act unaffected by him and his words.

"It's not what it looks like, I—" he starts, but Madison cuts him off.

"I stole your boyfriend." She butts in, "I can't believe you thought he liked you!"

I open my mouth to reply, but I don't have anything to say to her. I genuinely believed she was my best friend.

"Aw, nothing to say, Miya?" She taunts, using a nickname she's knows I hate.

"Don't call me Miya. You know I hate that." I spit, and she smirks.

"I know. You still miss him, huh? Sucks that he'd never speak to you again because you're not good enough."

"Stop. He doesn't think like that, he—" I try to defend Brady's name, but I fall short. He did ditch me the second we hit high school...

"Sorry Amiya, but it's sorta true. I mean... he literally ignored you until you took the hint." Hunter mumbles, "its not like you're that pretty anyways..."

I slap him. "You have no room to talk, at least I'm not a cheater."

"We're done, Hunter. Done. And I hope you're okay with losing all your friends, Madison, because you know damn well we don't support cheaters." I shout, and she seems to regret her decision for a second.

I storm out before letting either of them say anything else to me, and I drive home crying, which probably wasn't the best idea.

I blast Olivia Rodrigo and Sabrina Carpenter songs, knowing those are the closest things I can relate to this situation. When I get home I slam my door shut and sob into my pillow.

I hadn't been shocked about Hunter, but Madison? I trusted her with my life, and now I don't know what to think about anyone. Would Quinn betray me too?

After about 30 minutes of crying, I get pretty tired. I end up slowly drifting off to sleep, knowing my eyes will hurt in the morning from crying...

One thing is for sure, I'm getting back at them. Im not sure how, but I will...

꒰ 🍪 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

JENNA SPEAKS!

this is shorter because it just acts as some pre-knowledge that you'll need for the rest of the book, so you can understand why Madison isn't on good terms with anyone and why everyone hates Hunter.

I hope you enjoyed and I'm so excited to get going on this book!! Brady's POV in the next chapter so I hope you're all prepared for that! A little bit of a start to his side of the story!!

Don't forget to vote or comment if you enjoyed, I love you all so so much and tysm for reading the prologue!!