fourteen. just friends.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter fourteen.
—— BRADY'S POV ⚽️

꒰ 🌿 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

TW: MINOR FIGHTING

"YOU'RE ACTUALLY admitting to me that you have a crush on Amiya?!" Connor shouts, and I slap him.

"Yeah, I am. Can you keep it the fuck down? If Miya or Quinn hears you I'm done for." I grit, and he raises an eyebrow.

"Babe, come here!" Connor shouts, and I shove him into the refrigerator.

"Shut the fuck up, dude. I'm serious. I don't want her to know." I threaten, and his eyes widen.

"Okay. I didn't know it was that big of a deal. I won't tell her." Connor agrees immediately. "But for the record, you two look really good together."

"Thanks, I guess." I mumble.

Miya and Quinn approach as a minute a later. Miya wraps her arms around my torso in a hug, which confuses me.

"I missed you." She mumbles into my chest, and I wrap my arms around her.

"Did something happen, dove?" I ask, confused why she's being clingier than normal.

"No, I'm good." She replies, but she doesn't pull away from the hug.

I let her hug me for as long as she decides she wants too, and when she pulls away she's stilling standing pretty close to me.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're being unusually clingy." I whisper, and she shrugs.

"I'm fine, B." She mutters, but I don't quite believe her.

I take her hand and lead her to an empty hallway.

"Dove, tell me what's wrong." I say comfortingly, and her eyes tear up.

"My grandma died this morning..." she says softly, avoiding eye contact with me.

My heart breaks for her. She used to be so close with her grandma.

"Oh, dove..." I whisper as I pull her in for another hug. "I'm so sorry, Miya."

She cries into my chest, clinging to me as if I'll disappear if she doesn't hold tight enough.

"I thought I had more time with her. I— I thought I'd get to see her again." She sobs, and I rub her back as she cries, trying my best to soothe her.

"I know, love." I whisper. Shit, I didn't mean to say that.

I run my hand through her hair, which seems to calm her a little, so I keep doing it. Eventually she pulls away from me a little, looking up at me through her eyelashes.

God, I hate that she's upset. I wish I could fix it.

"I'm always here for you, Miya. Always. Anything you need at any hour of the day." I say seriously, and she tries her best to smile at me.

"You're my favorite person ever, Bray. Thank you." She whispers.

I smile comfortingly at her, and she just stares into my eyes. I stare right back, wishing I could take all her pain away and me feel it instead of her.