Chapter 2

----

Catnap woke up the next day, looks like he fell asleep quickly yesterday. He looked beside him and saw Dogday was still sleeping. It confused Catnap though, why did he wake up without feeling sleepy? At this point he didnt care. He was hungry that time so he stood up and went straight to the kitchen to make him and his roommate some breakfast. He decided he was gonna make some pancakes with raspberry and blueberries beside it. He took the pancake's mix as he started to heat up the pan, dropping the butter one it as he spread it so it would melt. He waited for a bit til he finally put in the pancake mix and cook it. Dogday soon woke up to the sound of pancakes cooking. He had a strong sense for smelling and ge immediately smelt the pancakes that Catnap was making. He flopped out of bed as he walked to the kitchen and saw one of the pancakes were already done, seemed like he was still cooking his. "Morning Cat.." Dogday said, his voice was kind of deep than usual due to him just waking up, more likely his morning voice. "Morning.. go eat, Dogday.." he said as he continued cooking his as Dogday smiled and took the plate, Catnap had an obvious blush on his face, him hearing the dog's morning voice made him blush for some reason.. good thing Dogday wont notice it since he was still cooking meaning he was facing and focused on the pancakes. Finally, he finished cooking and turned off the stove as he placed the pancaked on another plate. "Mmm! This pancakes are good! You must really know how to cook Cat!" Dogday complimented as he continued chewing on the pancakes, finishing it sooner. "Im glad you liked it.." catnap replied as Dogday patted the cats head making Catnap purr a bit. Catnap realized what sound he made and covered his mouth while Dogday seemed shock. "Awww!~ that was cute!" Dogday said as he stroke catnaps hair and Catnap continued purring, liking Dogday's gentle touch. Catnap did finish his meal soon too though as he placed the dishes on the sink. Dogday thought about Catnaps soft hair and the purr. He smiled as he made friends with a new guy. Though.. Dogday felt like he was in-love for some reason.. He brushed it off as he waited for Catnap to get ready so they could walk together considering they had the same class today. "Cat! Are you ready?" Dogday asked as Catnap nodded. "Well then, lets go!" He said grabbing Catnaps hand and walking out of their dorm. Catnap, who felt the dogs hand holding his, blushed. At this point, he didn't know how red he was he looked down to hide his face, his hair covering him. He didnt yell at Dogday though while Dogday dragged him unlike Bobby. Was he down bad for some new guy? Catnap then felt Dogday stop as he saw that they were already infront of their classroom, Dogday dragged Catnap to an empty sit next to Crafty, who was in the same class as them.

"Ah, hello, Dogday and Catnap! Nice to see you here!" Crafty said waving and DogDay waved back while Catnap just sat down on a chair and bowed his head down on the table. Suddenly, someone shouted on a light green haired girl. The guy had a yellow hair color and he looked.. flustered?.. Catnap believed the girl was named Hoppy Hopscotch since he remembered Bobby introducing him to her, but he doesn't recognize the guy beside her. He then felt a hand behind his back as he lifted his head up. "You should sit up straight, your position can be the reason for you to be sleepy!" Dogday said as Catnap nodded and sat up straight. Soon students started to come in and eventually the teacher came in. It was art class so its Crafty Corn's favorite one, shes good when it comes to art. Catnap didnt have a favorite class, i mean, his favorite is the break and lunch. Catnap understand a bit of the lesson as he looked at his seatmates who were both taking notes about the lesson. He caught himself staring a bit at Dogday til he snapped out of it realizing he has been zoned out for a few minutes admiring him. 'i think im admiring on someone a bit too hard..' catnap thought as he just wanted the day to end again, he couldn't wait til school ends. He then remembers that he agreed on meeting Dogday after their classes so they could know each other better soon and I guess Dogday really wanted new friends.

>°time skip°<

Class ended as Catnap got up and rushed out of the door, he even almost bumped into someone because of it. He entered his dorm as he set his things down and sighed. He walked towards the kitchen to get some water since he was thirsty after all the running. He picked up the cup full of water and chugged it all. He put his arms on the counter as he panted, trying to catch his breath. As he sat down, he suddenly felt a finger poking his waist which made him flinch but kept himself from screaming and turned around to see who would do that. He saw Dogday behind him, his head tilted because of Catnap's reaction. "Oh! Are you ticklish?" Dogday asked as Catnap just nodded as he calmed down. "Dont scare me like that, Dogday.." Catnap mumbled. "Well, we should get going you know! Soon, its almost dark out." Dogday said. Catnap just sighed and followed Dogday outside. They talked and introduced themselves to eachother as Dogday told him his favorites as Catnap took a note of it. "What about you naps? What do you like to do is your free time?" Dogday asked as his tail wagged, he was an energetic one.

"Hmm, i like to sleep and read books i guess.." Catnap replied to the question. "Ahhh i see! Must be a reason why i see lots of books on your bed." The dog said a he leads the cat on a bench and sat him down. Dogday put his hands on his lap as he started to smell the fresh air roaming around the park. "I love taking deep breathes here.. It's fresh!" Dogday said and started closing his eyes and relax. "You know, you should come here whenever youre stressed or you wanna relax! Its a perfect place here when its full of peace." Dogday says one more time. "I guess you're right.. it is quite calming here.." catnap stated as he closed his eyes, he felt tired and sleepy again and he couldn't help but drift off to sleep. When he did, his head landed on Dogday's shoulder, causing Dogday to look at him who saw him sleeping. Dogday felt.. oddly happy seeing him like this. He patted Catnap's head and the cat purred in his sleep. Because of this sight, Dogday felt himself blush, Catnap was kinda cute in his eyes.. he was quite nice too. Dogday stayed there for about 15 minutes to help relax himself after a tiring day, after a few more minutes, he picked up Catnap in a bridal style and carried him in their dorms. He closed the door behind him using his feet and walked towards catnap's bed, laying him on it. He watched Catnap peacefully sleep as he thought to himself, 'what a cutie..~" and smiled as he walked towards his bed.

--------

Heya!! I made a fanchild for them 🌷

Meet moonlight! Shes gonna be included in this book sooner! Sorry if the drawing is shit, its my first time drawing after 3 years

Meet moonlight! Shes gonna be included in this book sooner! Sorry if the drawing is shit, its my first time drawing after 3 years. 😓 Hope you enjoyed though!!