Chapter 5

---------------

Dogday slowly opened his eyes, still feeling tired. He looked at the clock hanging on their wall and it seems like he woke up later than usual as he always wake up at 6-6:30am and at some point, it was already around 7:50am. He sat up snd yawned stretching his back letting the blanket on top of him slip off a little. He noticed there were a few scratches around him but he was sure it wouldn't be visible as when he is fully dressed. Which reminds him, he looked beside him and stared at the sleeping Cat who was probably tired after yesterday's event. He giggled a bit as he realized they still had to go to class and it'll start soon. He shook Catnap lightly as he slowly woke up due to the shaking. "mhh.. what?.." Catnap said, still tired. "We still have school.." Dogday said then Catnap turned to him. "Can't i skip it today? My body's sore.." He asked, whining. "I thought you had a test on a subject?" Dogday asked, causing Catnap to sit up after he reminded him. "shit.. ye.. at least i studied a few days ago.." He said, Dogday helped catnap stand up but it was quite a struggle since Catnap's legs were shaky. unfortunately, Catnap had to walk to his class limping and Dogday assisted him. "I'll see you after class, m'kay?" Dogday said, kissing the cat's forehead before running off to his class. Catnap entered the room, he wasnt late which was good or else he'd probably get a 20 minute scolding from his professor. He saw Bobby waving at him, pointing at a desk right next to her. He walked up towards her and sat beside her while Bobby was just staring at him, grinning. "so.. how was la-"STFU" Catnap, cutting her off as she made an 'o' shaped mouth. "Hmmm, i see.. no wonder why you were limpi-" Catnap then covered her mouth while Bobby tried not to burst out of laughter. Soon, their teacher entered their classroom and the class went silent. The teacher discussed the rules for their test and gave it away after. As the test started, both of them seemed to answer the questions easily as they both finished it at the same time. Catnap leaned on his chair and Bobby bowed her head down her desk, waiting for the others to finish. Carnal closed his eyes but shot them wide open as he felt his body ache and he had the urge to throw up all over the place now. He held his mouth closed as he raised his hand to get his Teacher's attention and it worked. "Yes, Cat nap? Any questions?" she asked, smiling. "Miss Mia.. May I go to the bathroom." he asked, trying to hold himself from throwing up after he spoke. "Why of course. Go ahead, dear" She said as Cathap thanked her and rushed out of the classroom, entering the boy's bathroom.

He entered one of the bathroom stalls and threw up in the toilet, making himself gag in disgust. 'That's disgusting..'  He thought as he flushed it. He leaned on the stall's door, taking his time to breathe. When he was calm, he walked out of the stall and washed his face, hoping he was fine. He left the bathroom and entered the classroom again, sitting down on his chair. "Pssst.. You okay?" He heard Bobby say and he just nodded at her, not telling her what actually happened. Soon, everyone left as they heard the bell ring. Bobby caught up with Catnal who was already leaving. "Hey, you okay? Do you wanna go to the school nurse?" She asked concerningly. "That would be great, please.." Catnap said, then, Bobby put her hands behind his back, guiding him to the clinic and assisting him. When they arrived, Bobby pushed the door open with her hand and let both of them enter the clinic as the school nurse's head turned towards them. "Hello, child. What can I do for you?" she asked, putting her pen down the counter. "Good morning, ma'am. My friend here doesn't feel good and I wanna make sure if he's okay so I brought him here." Bobby said, looking at cat nap then looking back at her. "Well then, child. Let him sit on that chair over there, I'll check if his okay. Meanwhile, you can wait outside." she said, smiling at the bear as she followed what the nurse said. "I'll be waiting for you outside, okay?" she said while cat nap just nodded weakly. She walked out of that room as the nurse walked over to him. She checked his temperature and it seemed like he had a fever. "Well, child. Seems like your temperature is high so you need to rest in your room til your better, I'll give you the medicines you need, okay?" she said as she walked towards a cabinet where she keeps the medicine and took some out, and gave it to him. "Here you go, you'll need someone by your side, ask your friend over there," she said, assisting Catnap when they walked out. "Well, dear. Your friend needs some care, if it's okay for you to stay by his side for a while then it would be great." she said and Bobby nodded at her, thanking her as she walked him in his dorm. "I'll wait til Dogday gets here, tell me if you need anything." she said, grabbing a chair near the bed and sitting on it. "I'll text our teachers to let them know." she grabbed her phone and sent messages to their teachers. She also chatted Dogday letting him know as she placed her phone down after. She looked at Catnap who was already sleeping in his bed and he was curled into a ball. It was an unexpected event for her as she had never seen catnap sick since high school, it made her wonder what was the problem, though she didn't overthink it and assumed it was just a fever, right?

———————————