005

ADRENALINE — CHAPTER 05my kind of woman

my kind of woman

31st october 2023
jacob's point of view

the party is loud, the type that could easily deafen you. parties aren't typically my favourite thing.

i'm sort of hiding in a corner, a few girls have come up to me but i'm not really interested.

i'm only interested in one girl here tonight, phoebe raynott.

i've been looking at her out of the corner of my eye for about 5 minutes now, she looks pretty tipsy, not so much that she's on the floor, but enough that i wouldn't trust her behind a wheel.

she's singing, dancing and laughing along with her friends, the current song is shut up and dance.

a lot of people have commented today on our matching costumes, i just came as something random, not even intending to be romeo, just a classic knight, she's dressed as juliet, she honestly looks like an angel underneath the ambient lighting.

she's laughing, i wonder what's making her laugh, how could she stand there and laugh and look so beautiful?

i've thought about going up to ask her to dance, or even just talk, but she doesn't seem that into me.

i just saw her post on my explore page and liked it, she's the one who initiated a conversation by dming me, then when i talked to her the other day, she was perfectly polite and ended the conversation within less than a minute.

my train of thought is interrupted by a fairly tall, black haired girl, i recognise her from that exact same instagram post.

i open my mouth to say hi, but she immediately cuts me off "ask phoebe out" she says bluntly.

"oh i'm sorry" her stern face is replaced with a polite one, "i'm isabel, phoebe's friend."

"jacob" i respond, the first word i've actually said to this girl.

she snickers "i know who you are, phoebe hasn't shut the fuck about you in the last week" she informs me. i'm flattered.

"do you like her?" she asks with that same blunt tone, i think for a few seconds before responding "she's pretty but-" i begin before she interrupts me "great, then go ask her to dance."

i'm hesitant to respond, she speaks for me anyway, she's definitely drunk, which is probably what's giving her this extra edge "look i've already told the dj to play her favourite slow dancing song in a minute, so if you don't ask her she's just gonna be sad and alone."

before i can even respond she practically shoves me towards the dance floor, and phoebe's direction.

jesus, this girl is rude.

i stumble a little over to phoebe, almost falling into her, which is what gets her attention and makes her turn to face me.

her small friend group is too invested in their own affairs to notice her leaving their little circle.

"hi" she smiles, her cheeks a flushed red, i can't tell if i'm doing that, or if it's just the drinks.

"hey yourself" i respond, trying to be smooth.

before either of us can say anything else, my kind of woman by mac demarco starts playing, i notice isabel in the corner give me a little wink.

"oh my god i love this song" she grins, as people on the floor start to couple up and slow dance.

i laugh softly at her excitement over a simple song "you wanna dance?" i ask her, impressed by my own boldness, she just nods in return.

i wrap my arms around her waist and she snakes hers around my neck, practically having to stand on her tip toes to reach.

"you're so short" i tease her.

she makes a mock offended gasp "shut up i'm 5'7" she grins "it's not my fault you're built like a skyscraper" she grins, i laugh in return.

when the chorus comes up, she starts quietly singing "you're my, my, my, my kind of woman" with a soft giggle, i sing along quietly with her. "my, oh my."

what a girl.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

1st november 2023
phoebe's point of view

there's a pounding in my head as i wake up, i'm in an unfamiliar bedroom.

it's a nice bedroom, it's quite open and airy, with lots of photography all around.

i look at the spot next to me, there's nobody there, just an unmade right side of the bed.

i look to my left to see an alarm clock, it says 8:43am.

my head is ringing like crazy as i try to recall the night before.

it starts to come back to me in pieces.

holy shit, i slept with jacob elordi last night.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

t's notes
AHHHH okay this chapter is sosososo special to me, jacob & phoebe are my parents i swear. i wanted to write more but i didn't want to be writing whole ass smut, there probably will be some smutty chapters later on though :)))))) & two chapters in one day? who am i? also i love isabel, i want to write a whole sequel about her and just her because she is the love of my love. camilla morrone i love you.
— tabs