023

ADRENALINE — CHAPTER 23 love of my life

love of my life

19th november 2023
phoebe's point of view

the car journey from cleveland to pittsburgh has been quiet, not uncomfortable in any sense, peaceful, calming.

"you don't even know how beautiful you are" i hear a soft australian accent break through the silence.

his words are almost silent, as if i wasn't supposed to hear it.

i open my mouth to respond but his attention is back on the road.

i bite back a smile and look down, attempting to hide the red hue that's covered my cheeks.

i softly hum along to the radio 'my kind of woman' by mac demarco is playing, the first song jacob and i ever danced to.

"you're my, my, my, my kind of woman"

i sing along silently, he looks over at me with a small smile.

his ring covered hand moves to the volume button, turning it down before the soft melody of his voice re enters the car.

"if we're gonna do this" he motions at the space between us, indicating the relationship between the two of us "you should know one thing about me".

i swallow nervously before hesitatingly nodding "okay..." i say, so quiet that he probably can't hear me, he's been so perfect up until now and i really don't want him to tell me he's some sort of sadist.

"my work is my life" he tells me, i let out a breath i didn't even know i was holding in.

"no really" he continues "i could never love anything more than it, i live for sets and trailers".

i nod "i get that, i feel the same way about my work".

"so... if this is going to happen, you need to know that's it's okay to prioritise work over me" he speaks.

i feel a sense of relief wash over my body, if anything how passionate he is about film makes him even more attractive to me.

"i get that" i reply, he responds with a warm smile.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

jacob's point of view

i hear the sound of phoebe's door close behind me as i enter the pittsburgh hotel room.

after about 5,000 hotels, you stop paying attention to the room, and just aim solely for the bed to sleep.

that's what's so interesting about phoebe, she so humble it's admirable, she pays attention to the tiniest details.

there's such a perfect energy around her, of course she's beautiful, but her personality just makes her that much more attractive.

the way she subconsciously sings along to songs on the car radio, or the relationship she has with gigi hadid's daughter, khai.

she's told me plenty about khai, and i've found out some information myself by some minor research.

she has such strong maternal instincts, i can't help but wonder how she would be with our kids.

i internally yell at my brain for even going there, i've known this girl 3 weeks, no matter how beautiful or how funny or how perfect on every single level she is, i can't let myself imagine that far ahead.

but the idea of coming home to her and 2 kids, a boy and a girl, john after my father and amelia after her mother... or whatever she wants to name-

the phone rings, stopping my delusions from skyrocketing.

i answer the call "hi mum".

"hey sweetheart" her kind voice says through the phone, "am i interrupting something?"

"no, no" i reply "i was just... thinking about the love of my life".

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

t's notes
ehhhh kinda hate this chapter but we live, we love and we move on. also i finally got olivia tickets ahhhhh im so excitedddd. also i feel like i wrote jacob as kinda lame but i wanna show how whipped our boy is, i would like to stress this is not one sided at all and phoebe is very whipped too, its been so peaceful lately, mmm the calm before the storm (please don't hate me for what's to come)
— tabs