019

ADRENALINE — CHAPTER 19sex

sex

14th november 2023
phoebe's point of view

we walk through the busy omaha street, i'm exhausted from waking up so early back in denver, but the 8 hour drive to nebraska was peaceful.

omaha has a surprisingly active nightlife, it's around 9pm and clubs are just starting to open up.

jacob puts his hand on my lower back as he directs me pass a busy line, the bouncer giving him a nod before we enter the loud club.

"i didn't see you as much of a club guy" i move my lips directly to his ear so he can hear me over the music.

he shrugs before pressing his lips against my ear "i'm not, but isabel said you like them."

i've never been more grateful for the club's low lighting covering my blushing face.

he walks towards the bar, his hand still on my lower back, i'm too focused on trying to recognise the song playing.

the melody is hard to hear over the loud singing, but i recognise the familiar lyrics.

"she's got a boyfriend anyway"

without thinking i grip jacob's hand and pull him towards the dance floor.

"i loved your friend when i saw his film"

jacob looks at me confused "pheebs this stuff is so much easier to get through drunk" he yells through the music.

"he's got a funny face but i like that 'cause he still looks cool"

"do you know this song?" i ask the tall, confused aussie as i settle on a spot in the middle of a drunk crowd, he shakes his head.

"she's got a boyfriend anyway
she's got a boyfriend anyway"

i sing obnoxiously loudly, along with atleast 20 other drunk people.

"now we're on the bed in my room, and i'm about to fill his shoes, but you say no, you say no"

i jump along to the song with the crowd, looking at jacob's gorgeous face under the club's lighting.

"does he take care of you? or could i easily fill his shoes? but you say no, you say no"

the beautiful instrumental makes it's way to my ears, it's the type of song that was sculpted to be singing and dancing along to at a party or a club.