012

ADRENALINE — CHAPTER 12ice cream for two

ice cream for two

phoebe's point of view
6th november 2023

"gigi i can't believe you!" i yell over the phone "you meddled in our relationship!" i complain.

"you didn't have a relationship" gigi adds on the other line.

isabel makes an agreeing 'mhm' noise from my wardrobe, where's she's scuffing around, trying to find something for me to wear.

before i can say anything else isabel makes an excited squeal "wear this" she insists.

"show me!" gigi yells from the phone, i flip the phone to isabel who's holding a tight black dress on a hanger against her body.

"no way" i shake my head "that's way to suggestive, we're just getting ice cream."

gigi thinks for a second before speaking "i'm gonna have to agree with pheebs" she says, making isabel groan.

"you people are no fun" isabel complains before digging back into my wardrobe.

"just wear jeans and a t shirt" gigi says from the phone as i flip it back to me "it doesn't matter he's gonna take it off later" she adds with a smirk.

"i hate you" i say dryly, she responds with a giggle.

isabel throws a black long sleeve t shirt, low rise flare jeans and some black boots in my direction.

i show them up to gigi on the camera and she grins "that's perfect" she tells me.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

an hour later and i'm standing outside the small ice cream place in los feliz, i like it here, it's quiet and peaceful, there's never any paparazzi lurking.

jacob and i, or rather jacob and gigi, agreed that we would meet around 15 minutes ago, i can't help but wonder if i've been stood up.

just as i'm debating whether or not to leave i hear someone behind me.

"hey" the voice says.

i turn to notice jacob, leaning my head up slightly to see him.

"hey" i respond, "sorry i'm late" he tells me, no explanation on why he's late, but coming out of his mouth it sounds like shakespeare.