Vol. 3

Skullgals #7: Friends on the Other Side

It was training day. Today's session was getting the Player and Samson to synchronize without Filia having to serve as the link between them.

Samson absorbed Filia into his body to comfortably maneuver in his pedal form, putting her in stasis.

The Player began with a few stretches, and Samson was getting a few one-handed push-ups in.

"We just about ready?" The Player asked after his last big stretch.

"Yeah. I'm about to finish this last set. Give me a minute."

"Okay, no rush. I need to use the bathroom real quick, so I'll be back."

"Fine, but don't take all day. I don't want to be out here any longer than I need to. I went to bed late last night."

"Sounds like a you problem," the Player muttered.

Samson paused on the descent of his 49th push-up, giving the Player a sharp look. "What was that?"

"Nothing. I'll be back."

The Player walked away to find the portal restroom, and Samson watched him off with a dismissive scoff.

Samson finished his set on the 50th push-up and got up. "Been a while since I got a good workout like that. Gotta say, I'm feelin' pretty good."

As Samson walked toward the tree with all their belongings to get water from the styrofoam cooler, a black pentacle formed on the ground between him and the tree.

"What is that?" Samson took a step forward to investigate.

The pentacle began to flash and generate electricity. The wind picked up, and there was sinister energy radiating from the circle.

Samson grits his teeth and retracts his step, now taking one back as a precaution. "What the hell is going on?"

The sky darkened, and a pillar of crimson light erupted from the pentacle, shooting into the clouds and parting them.

The light was blinding, forcing Samson to shield his eyes.

"Gyaagh! W-What is going on?!"

After a few seconds, the sky returned to its natural state, and everything was well as if nothing had happened.

"Hi! I'm Niffty!"

A voice broke the silence.

When Samson opened his eyes, he didn't see anything until he looked down and saw what appeared to be a little girl... A little girl with a cyclops eye and unnaturally pale skin.

Her attire wasn't too far from Canopy's fashion. In fact, it matched the era: a 1950s red-pink maid dress under a white apron with three hot-pink dripping splotches. She wore long black gloves that covered most of her hands and arms, along with matching-colored tights.