Vol. 5

Skullgals#11: The Angel with Horns

At the apartment, the Nexus crew stayed inside to avoid the rain.

In the living room, the Player and Gwen were on the floor; Gwen was on her back reading one of Filia's comics while using the Player's back as a footrest since he was lying on his front and checking the wanted ads while listening to music on Gwen's headphones.

Squigly was napping on the loveseat, and Filia was on the couch watching one of her shows.

Gwen was reading with a noticably sharp intrigue at the Arachnid-Guy comic. "Hmm... Hmmmm... So, like, is there a spider superhero in this universe?"

"Hmm?" Filia turned to her. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, this Arachnid-Guy. Is he real in this universe?"

"Oh! No, of course not," Filia dismissed with an amused chuckle. "That's just a comic."

Gwen, looking perplexed, goes back to reading the eerily familiar comic.

The Player couldn't be bothered to clarify since he was singing lyrics to himself. "NnnnmNnnn... Ay, I'mma stay 100, boy I won't change..."

Ruby came into the front room and opened the closet.

"If I get caught up, I'm saying no names. Noooo~" he continued as Ruby searched high and low.

Gwen, meanwhile, was closely studying each page. "Perry Parkson.... I... Wha....?"

After checking the closet, Ruby checked the coat rack by the front door, but she only found the Player, Filia, Squigly, and Gwen's jackets.

"Where is it?"

Filia was the only one who noticed Ruby checking every inch of the apartment and looked at her as she came back to the living room. "Everything okay, Ruby?"

"Yeah, I'm just...looking for my cape. Have you seen it, Filia?"

"Your cape? Unfortunately, no."

"Gwen?"

Gwen heard her, but she was too busy trying to get through the next page before answering. "...Sorry, Rubes. What'd you say?"

"Have you seen my cape?"

"I saw it last night. Haven't seen it since," Gwen nudged the Player with her foot. "TP."

The Player removed the headphones and looked over his shoulder. "What's up?"

"Have you seen Ruby's cape?"

"All I saw was rose petals everywhere this morning. Rose petals I had to clean up. Seriously, how does it do that?"

None of her roommates saw it since yesterday, and they never left the apartment, leaving Ruby puzzled at the mystery.

"What the heck? So... Where is it?" Ruby wondered.

The last of the occupants entered the room. "It's not fun when the shoe is on the other foot, is it?"

Everyone turned and saw...

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.