Chapter 14: Party Preparation

Charlie was planning to throw a surprise party at the hotel to lighten up the bored atmosphere, and perhaps stop the constant bickering of Alastor and Lucifer, as well inviting a few mutual friends to liven up the place. Vaggie was initially against this, but after seeing her girlfriend's puppy eyes, she eventually caved in. In setting up the decorations, she called on Nifty and Angel to help her while Lucifer and Alastor would cook the food. Husk and Adam were sitting at the bar, Husk was to guard Adam from Nifty in case she gets distracted.

Adam was having a strong drink as Husk stares at him. "Rough day huh?" he asks him. Adam wipes his mouth with his sleeve, "The fuck do you expect? There's not a single peaceful day since I arrived at this shitty hotel." he replies while taking another sip. Husk also pulls out a bottle of cheap booze and takes a swig. Adam turns to him, being former angel, he could see that Husk's soul was not free. "You seem pretty chill in a shitty place like this.", "Frankly I don't give a damn what happens here. As long as there's booze, I'll stay." Husk replies. The two got to chatting, and even though they didn't really have anything in common, they formed an unlikely friendship, with one always talking about how shitty the hotel was and one listening while taking occasional sips of his booze.

A few minutes later, they became official friends, and Adam had one burning question to ask. "Soooo.. Who the fuck's got you on a leash? You know, I'm still pretty fucking strong despite falling down in this shitty place. Maybe I can help you get free." Adam suggests. Husk's ears perked up at this and he leaned n the counter towards Adam, "I'm starting to like you more. You're more.. tolerable than the others." Husk remarks as he takes a deep breath. "If you're as strong as you say you are, maybe you can help.. the one who's got me on a leash is Alastor.." Husk sighs. At this, Adam's spirits dropped and he looked down on his glass before fully emptying it. "Fucking hell- why does it have to be him?! Yep no, sorry dude. Can't fuckin help ya." Adam replies in a disheartened tone. Husk was surprised, "Didn't you beat the shit outta him before?", "Haha, so you see, that was a complete fucking coincidence and come to think of it, I need to fucking go before that little shit spots me again." Adam retorts as he gets up from his chair and goes into the kitchen. Husk was left there, surprised and confused why Adam refused to confront Alastor despite having beaten him once.

Alastor was cooking creole jambalaya while Lucifer was cooking pancakes. They both glared at each other while cooking their respective dishes. Lucifer was annoyed at Alastor for trying to add salt to his pancakes every 5 seconds. "Okay, that's it!" he shouts at Alastor as he catches him sprinkling salt on the pancakes that were on the pan. "You ain't messing with MY pancakes bitch! You already have your stupid- stupid dish to busy yourself with!" he points at the already done jambalaya that was sitting on the counter. He blinked in surprise, he didn't expect Alastor to be done so quickly. "Hmm? You were saying?" Alastor remarks sarcastically , adding fuel to the king's growing annoyance. "Oh would you look at that? Burnt pancakes for your breakfast I suppose." he chuckles as he looks at the smoking pancakes on the pan. "Shit!" Lucifer screams as he puts the pancakes on the plate, thankfully revealing an only slightly burnt bottom. He sighs a sigh of relief as he glares at Alastor. "You're lucky it didn't burn, or else I'm blaming you!" he says, pointing his finger at him. "Darling, you already blame me for everything little thing you find at your inconvenience." he grins, not giving a shit about the king's opinion. Lucifer blushed golden very slightly, he thought he had gotten used to the deer demon's pet names, but it seems like it was still very new to him. "Shut up..", "Make me.". Lucifer takes Alastor's words seriously and flashes a devious smile before reaching out and cupping Alastor's cheeks to kiss him affectionately. Alastor who wasn't prepared, was a bit surprised, but after a few moments, he kissed back, adding more passion and intensity. They kissed repeatedly, each one leaving the other more breathless than the last. Alastor was seated on the table, Lucifer's hands pinning him in place as they continued to kiss each other.