Chapter 27: Heavenly Gathering

[Bc you guys love angst and drama, here it is lol.😋]

———————

A week had passed and throughout the entire time, Alastor had not spoken a word to anyone since their Truth or Dare game. Charlie came to Rosie's to ask what was wrong with Alastor since he stayed at her place for two days. Rosie didn't give her a clear answer, instead asking how her hotel was doing, successfully diverting Charlie's attention. So she left Rosie's without knowing why Alastor couldn't speak and she forgot about the incident, acting as if everything was natural. Angel kept asking Alastor questions, to which he didn't answer him at all, making Angel a bit frustrated and upset, the reason Alastor didn't write back a reply was because he was quite disturbed by Angel's questions. Those days, Lucifer and Charlie were the only ones talking to Alastor, and he replied to them by writing. Pretty much no one else really seemed to care that Alastor was silent because he was usually mostly quiet even with his voice. The only few times that Alastor made sound was when Lucifer surprised him with a hug from behind for no reason, making him squeak like a fawn, luckily he would only do it when they're alone so no one could hear Alastor's squeaks. Finally the day before the meeting arrived and the crew was gathered in the lobby, discussing a plan. A letter had arrived from heaven the day before, carried by an exorcist, who seemed to be eyeing Lute like she was a traitor and yet didn't recognize Adam.

"Alright guys! Gather around! Me and Dad read the letter and it said that 'You may bring anyone from the 'Hazbin Hotel' to the court of heaven.'" she tells them smiling widely. "So.. I think you guys know what I'm going to do! I'm taking all of you!" she explains. "Not going" Husk immediately interrupts. "Oh, well okay.." Charlie replies a bit hesitantly, "Anyone else not going?" she asks them. Angel raises his one of his hands, looking a little sad. "Sorry Charles, can't make it. I have an appointment with Val and I can't call it off anymore." he explains sadly. Charlie goes over to Angel's side, "Angel. You don't have to go, I'm serious. I'll deal with it myself if he punishes you." she tells him reassuringly, grinning as horns sprouted out of her head for a split-second. Angel sighs, nodding and a smile appearing on his face. "Fine, but it's on ya Charles." he finally agrees. Husk smiles at him from behind the counter. "Who else isn't going?" she asks, turning around. Alastor raises his hand. Charlie raises an eyebrow at him, walking towards the deer. "Why not Al?" she inquires him. "It's probly cause he fuckin hates angels." Adam interrupts them, walking into the scene with Lute beside him as always. "If I remember correctly, he called you a bird, sir." Lute tells him. "Oh shit, yeah. And just so you know again, I'm not a fucking bird!" Adam shouts at Alastor, pointing at him accusingly. Alastor narrows his eyes at him, black static and witchcraft symbols surrounding the air around him. Lute holds Adam back shaking her head. Adam sighs, backing off. "Fine, But don't call me a fuckin bird again." Adam warns him as he walks off. Charlie looks between the two of them, "Adam, I'm pretty sure your fight was like.. three months ago!" she tells him exasperatingly. "Well, I haven't moved on! That shit hurt!" Adam retorts, "Apologies, Adam is very sensitive to insults since he doesn't hear them often." Lute explains, putting a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "So.. are you guys coming to the meeting?" Charlie asks before Adam could walk away. "Fuck yeah! Those fuckers better be delighted that I'm coming back!" Adam announces. "As if they're gonna let you in!" Lucifer shouts at him from a distance. "Oh fuck you!" Adam flips him off as he stomps away, Lute still following. Charlie turns back to Alastor who had been watching their little drama scene. "Cmon Al! Please?" she pleads him. Alastor shakes his head, still being insistent on not going. "Fine.." she sighs, walking away from his ever-smiling face. "Me! Me! I'm going!" Nifty excitedly squeals as she runs up to Charlie. "Nifty.. I think the hotel will need you more here. Lots of dust are gonna pile up if you don't stay." Charlie entices her. "Okay! I'll stay!" Nifty grins, running off instead to Angel and Husk who were by the bar.