Chapter 25: Overlord Meeting

Alastor arrives in Cannibal Town, looking a bit battered but fine. A few demons casted intrigued glances at him but didn't say anything, afraid that he might attack them. He arrives at Rosie's shop, breathing heavily and leaning on the door. Rosie immediately spots him and rushes to his side, pushing away other cannibals in the process. "Oh my! Alastor! What happened to you?" she asks with a worried expression in her eyes. Alastor simply folds his ears back, not being able to talk and all. "What happened to your throat? You can't talk? Don't worry Al, let's get you patched up." she gently tells him as she leads him to the backroom of the store. The cannibals in the store stared after them, surprise evident on their faces that the infamous Radio Demon was damaged to this extent.

She lets him rest on the sofa as she sits across him. She hands him a piece of paper so that he could write what he wanted to say. What happened to you Al? Why can't you talk?" she asks him. Alastor writes on the paper: "𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐦𝐲 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞." he wrote down. Rosie looks at him with shock. "God? Why did he take your voice?" she continues to ask him. "𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐢𝐭. 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫." he continues to write down. Rosie was yet again surprised that someone as high and powerful as God himself did this to Alastor who wasn't all that high in the rankings. "But surely he didn't do it out of the blue right? What did you do to gain his attention?" she inquires, her eyes softening. Alastor lowers his ears and grits his teeth as he scribble down the following words: "𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞.", his eyes hardened as he continued to write, "𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬, 𝐈 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.". Rosie gasps at what he had revealed. This indeed was a very serious issue, and will surely hinder their plan to make the demons see that sinners can be redeemed, just as an act of rebellion to the hierarchy of hell and heaven. "Oh my! You've been through so much these past months then Al! Stay here and rest, I'll get you a cup of tea." Rosie tells him in a reassuring tone, getting up from her seat. Alastor looks after her as she leaves, settling down on the couch to make himself more comfortable.