1. Friends are the Family we Choose

"Will you guys hurry up?" NuNew used his stern voice to rush his friends.

Five minutes and their teacher will already be in class. They still need to exit through the side of this building to make it to their next class which is at the workshop of the adjacent building.

"We are hurrying New." "It's just that Tutor won't stop messaging and calls if I don't reply." His friend Yim answered while typing and speed walking alongside James.

"Can you tell Net that it's a yes for me?" "That reply should be enough" James instructed Yim while catching up on NuNew who's almost to the door of the room.

He wasn't really sure why there was an urgent need to reply to the texts. They were all going to meet each other after class anyway. 60 minutes and they will be with their boyfriends. They really can't wait

Not that NuNew isn't used to this. There were 6 of them and 2 are a couple. They've known each other since high school and when they got into college, that's when both of the couples decided to finally be together. Net and Tutor both took Engineering while the four of them, James, Yim, Nat and himself decided to take Communication courses. They were a block away from the Engineering building. Not that far and really convenient for his friends.

"Net asked you to reply to his messages." Hissed Yim as they took their seats, giving a sigh when 18 seconds later, Ms. Jane, their teacher walked in. "Oh, and Nat said he'll meet up with us later after class too."

"I could do that but you already sent a reply haven't you?" James smiled as he whispered this. NuNew also smiled, thinking how typical this dynamic is of Net and James. The other one is always sugar-coated sweet in all his actions while this friend beside him is passive. People always tell them that they are an unlikely couple but between the 6 of them, they all knew better. James really is like this, you can describe him as cold and aloof but when he and Net are together, they fit with each other like a glove. Like they are meant to be together.

Nat was absent for today asking permission from their teachers ahead of time due to an errand. He had a lot to do, one of which is to pick up his parents flying in for his brother's wedding the following day. Nat is on edge. They all knew how hectic Nat's schedule was because of this wedding and they all want this over for them to get peace. It was always a flurry of wedding preps at their dorm because Nat simply just can't let his brother call the shots by himself. He loves his soon-to-be sister-in-law too much to let her do things alone so there was really no choice but for all of them to help Nat.

Thinking of Mark and Kaye's wedding made NuNew smile. He was teased enough by his friends that helping plan the details of it got him overly excited. He just went along with the banter but his friends know him well. He loves aesthetics. Flowers, the cake, billowy clothes, lace, the menu and the happily ever after that seems to be promised by each marriage. Having seen this from his parents, NuNew has always been more inclined to a carefree and loving environment. Something that made him all around wholesome and nice.

The hour passed by really fast when they focused on their course sheets. Determined to not make mistakes because they know that they will be busy over the weekend, they all concentrated on their tasks at hand.

A van pulled up at their shared flat's driveway 15 minutes after they got there.

"Let's go! Net and Tutor are here already." Nat stuck his head out to call his friends. As if on cue, the van's door opened to usher the friends in.

"Where did Nat pick you up?" asked Yim while sitting beside his boyfriend. Tutor immediately leaned towards Yim who replied "We were walking going here when he saw us near the Herb Gardens." "It was a good thing as we didn't have to walk all the way here."