9. Brighter than the Sun

Zee was confused. Why was he showing these kinds of emotions to Nunew? He wasn’t an emotional person. That is not to say that he is cold but he has never done things like these before. He was not in the habit of telling people how he felt. He barely knew Nunew, yet he has shown the boy vulnerabilities that he kept within.

“I’m sorry. This is embarrassing.” Zee apologized to Nunew for the nth time that day. “I’m being way too much of a bother”.

“Oh, come on Zee, there’s nothing so wrong with what you’re doing or feeling. If this brings you comfort, then by all means, do it. This is fine. I think that you were not able to process your feelings from before properly, that’s why it caught up to you like this now and that is okay. Whatever you need to feel better, I think you should do it. Nunew advised. Zee reflected on Nunew’s words. He felt better the more he thought of what Nunew had said. After a while, he felt relieved and his body relaxed.

When they finished with the cabinet, Zee got ready to take Nunew home even if the boy begged him not to.

“This is the least I can do. I bothered you too much today and besides, I could use the fresh air. I’ve been here for two days straight now, fixing things up. I think it’s a good night for a drive, too.” Zee uttered.

The boy was secretly glad about what was happening between him and Zee. He liked the older guy and was glad to be spending time with him. When he met him at the wedding, he was just in awe of how handsome he looked and how he had impeccable manners. But now, after the several times they met and how he found out how sensitive, funny, and mature the man is, his interest in him grew even more.

The two men exited the condo and proceeded to the basement parking to get Zee’s car. If Bangkok traffic’s not that bad, Nunew will be home in an hour. This is the first time that he wished there was traffic. He wanted to stay with Zee for as long as he can. Nunew was humming with the song playing on the radio when Zee suddenly spoke.

“What are your plans for tomorrow? The man inquired.

“You mean at uni? I start early tomorrow. I have class from 7:00 till 9:00 and another at 11:00.” The younger replied.

“And after?” Zee continued. Nunew was wondering where this was leading so, he answered whatever the older asked.

“Nothing on my schedule. I will probably be at the flat or craft shop if I get bored. Why?” Nunew couldn’t help but ask.

“Will it be okay if we see each other tomorrow?” Zee blurted out. He has been thinking about it since they left the condo. He kept going back and forth on deciding whether to ask or not. He was not the type to keep stalling and as in business, he usually follows his instincts. In this particular case, with Nunew, he wanted to follow his instincts as well. He felt good about this and he is hoping against hope that the other guy feels the same.“Tomorrow? For what?” Nunew asked. His heart is trashing like crazy in his chest and his mind is a flurry of thoughts. There was not a single bone in his body that wanted to say no. All of his being wanted this with Zee and more but maybe he is just over assuming things. Maybe it is only him who feels the connection that he thinks he feels.

Zee sneaked a glance at Nunew and decided to stop the car before answering. He parked it to the side of the road and then faced Nunew.

“I would like to get to know you better. I would like to hang out with you, take you out, play with you, help you study, help you with your errands, whatever that you need to do, I was hoping to do it with you. Well, within what is allowed of your and my free time, Zee stated embarrassedly. I know that I just met you and that it’s really weird since it’s been just several days since we started getting to know each other, but I really want to spend time with you.”