2. When I Met You

NuNew let out a sigh. He was tired but happy. He loved everything that he was seeing.

The wedding turned out lovely beyond words. The weather was good, not sunny but not gloomy either. There was a slight breeze every so often which rustled the trees surrounding the garden where it was held. The pastel colors of the flowers matched the linen used in the chairs and the podium where the ceremony was held. The little bride and groom were playing on the grass much to the dismay of their parents. When Kaye walked out with her mom and dad at her side, a tradition they have in the Philippines where the bride grew, everybody was at awe.

Mark who waited at the front, also had his parents by his side. He was beaming at Kaye as she walked towards him. At one point, he was seen wiping tears from his eyes. Nat who was sitting beside Max was calm and collected which changed into subtle distress when he saw tears from his brother’s face. Nat hurriedly wiped on the tears that came from his own eyes too. He was glad his brother was getting married to a woman who he believes loves him entirely. When Max saw that Nat was also crying, he hugged the small guy at his waist and smiled at him. Telling him without words, that he understood how Nat felt.

“Are you a member of that family? Why are you also crying?” Tutor quietly asked NuNew which Yim also heard. “Stop teasing him!” warned Yim. NuNew laughed while Net and James also looked on.

“Oh, I know you know how I feel. Aren’t you happy to see Mark like that?” NuNew answered. Net sighed while he stared at the scene in the podium.

“Yeah, we get you NuNew.” Assured James. “We totally get you.” At that the friends smiled widely as the ceremony continued.

“Everybody, please welcome our bride and groom Mark and Kaye for their first dance as a married couple.” Announced Poppy, Mark’s friend and the host for the reception.

The couple took center of the dance floor and swayed to the music. The fairy lights in the garden gave the atmosphere a really romantic look. There was a serene feel in the air as the reception carried on. It was altogether a memorable event filled with key moments from family and friends.

A calm settled in the reception after the meal. Songs were being played by a hired band and people will move to and from the dance floor. NuNew and his friends were happily enjoying everything. There was good ambiance, delicious food and wonderful company. When a Taylor Swift song started playing, one that they particularly liked, all of them took to the dance floor and had fun twirling each other around, much to amusement of other guests. They loved dancing and the wedding was a perfect excuse to let loose. They stayed at the dance floor until they were tired and longed for the chairs to take them once again. When they were seated, all of them sighed contentedly and enjoyed the festivities as it carried on.

They watched Mark and Kaye gave each other a bite of cupcakes from their cupcake tower. They cheered to champagne and well wishes from their parents and friends. The party then was winding down as it got later into the evening. A few guests with kids in tow already bid their farewell to the couple. NuNew’s friends however still had plenty of energy left.

A slow song started playing and after a glance at his boyfriend, Net held James’ hand and pulled him up escorting him to the dance floor.

“Were dancing, who’s coming?” Net said out of courtesy to their friends but he really didn’t care if none went with them. He just wanted this dance with James.

Tutor eyed Yim and without any words exchanged, both stood up holding hands.

“Coming New?” asked Max while he pulled Nat’s chair for him to be able to stand.

NuNew shook his head as he replied, “Nope, I’m sitting this one out. Still tired and besides, I want cupcakes. I think I’ll indulge in a couple. Go and have fun.”