3...🦋

Sorry for messing up the parts. They are now aligned properly.

-----------__________________------------
I turned the handle of the door,
pushing it open.

Thank god they didn't lock it. I snuck in hoping no one would notice me. So that I have time to think of an excuse maybe in the morning.

I was already halfway across the Hall. Everywhere was silent with only my heartbeat thumping hard in my chest.

I just needed to go up the staircase then to my room and call Surayya and tell her everything so that when I lie with her name she can cover up for me.

Everything will be just fine when my plan succeeds.

"Daga Ina kike? (where are you from)" I heard a female voice ask. I was nervous. I hope it wasn't Adda.

I couldn't bring myself to respond as I snapped my head towards the voice. It was Mom.

"Nache daga Ina kike!( I said, where are you from!)" She shouted making me still. I was trembling.

How was I supposed to talk? Nothing was coming out of my mouth. She moved closer to me.

"Aaliyah, don't you understand your language again?" She asked and I shook my head vigorously even though that would've meant that I didn't know my language.

She went towards the front door before locking it. She then grabbed my arm dragging me up to her room. Closing it behind her before she threw me on the floor.

"Umma!" I cried out in fear of what she'd do to me. I've never seen Mom this furious.

"What's the time now! Tell me what is the time!!" She said pointing to the wall clock.

Tears started streaming down my cheeks. I looked at the clock. My blurry vision didn't allow me to see properly. I opened my mouth to talk when she cut me off.

"-9:30 pm. What were you doing outside Har lokacin Nan? Haba Aaliyah (up until this time)"

She sat on the chaise to the side of the room.

She looks calm and ready to hear me. So I started talking.

"Umma, Mota na ne ya paachi a hanya. Ku-kuma waya na ba-babu chargi s-se sa ban Iya kiranki ba. Kawai-kawai nakira U-Uber ne sabo da banda kaati. Kuma bezo ba shine nayi a-addu'a wani yazu ya tai-taimake ni a-a lo- a lokacin

(it is my car that broke down on the road. And my phone was low on battery that's why I couldn't call you or text you. I just-I just called an Uber because I didn't have credit. And he didn't come then I prayed that someone would come and save me at-at that, at that time.)" I said stammering due to my crying.

"Stop crying and talk" She urged me and I immediately stopped crying.

"Tohm, shine wani Mota Yazo. Kuma namiji ne. Shine Gayen ne ya taimake ni ya Kira makaanaki àmma yache sai gobe da safe zai Iya Yazo ya gyara Motan Kuma se na kwana agurun---
(ok, then a car came by. And it was a man. Thats how the guy saved me by calling a mechanic but he said he could only come in the morning and fix the car and I had to sleep there.)"

I paused looking at my mom. How could I say the next words? How can I say I was at his house? Ya rabb save me.

"Karasa(finish)" She said and I started talking again with much hesitation.

"So...the guy said Baze Iya Bari na ba agurun shine yache inzo mutafi ya ajiye ne...shine na amince Natafi da shi. Kuma have lokacin Salah yayi kuma Yaga kaman banyi sallan maghriba ba shine yace shima zaiyi sallah so inzo nayi sallah se ya ajiya ni mama ban fada mai bana Salah bas saboda shi namiji ne shikenan kenan

(he couldn't leave me there so he said I should come with him so he could drop me so I agreed and left with him. It was already time Sallahllah at that moment. He thought I didn't pray so he said I should come with me and pray and I didn't want to tell him I was on my period because he's a guy)"

"Aaliyah first of all you know you could've called me with his phone. At least he was Muslim. Do you know what would have happened to you if he was not Muslim?"

She asked and I tried thinking of what but my brain wasn't responding.

"Because of how pretty you are, you have everything a woman needs to attract men...he could've raped you, kidnapped you...Aaliyah..." She said and I felt I should've taken precautions.

This didn't even come to my head at that moment. I was just eager to go back home.

New set of tears started rolling down my face. That could've really happened to me. She came closer to me wiping those tears from my face.

"You should be happy I was the one that caught you sneaking in if it was your father he would've done something unimaginable. He could have misunderstood you or not even listen to you." She finished off by hugging me.

"No one should know about this kinji" She whispered in my ear and I nodded. She broke the hug.

"Now go to your room i will bring you food. Make sure to wash that puffy face of yours" She said smiling and I stood up to go to my room.

I got to my room and turned on the
A/C. I washed my face before changing into my pyjamas and hopped on the bed. I said all my duas before putting the duvet over my head

I'm glad I had a mom that understands me and a mom that's loving like her. I was a bit happy that she didn't shout at me.

I don't know what would have happened if Adda was to see me sneaking in. She would have made such a big scene.

Dad..

What would my dad have done if he saw me instead?

I thought to myself. I kept thinking of the possible outcomes. All I could think of was him beating me up or sending me to the village.

He could give me hard labour at his farm. Maybe confiscate all my devices, that's too small of a punishment.

Then what exactly?

Marriage

Nooooo my dad can't get me married I am only sixteen and haven't even finished my studies and I know he takes school seriously so he can't do that to me...

I started crying. What if he actually marries me off to an old man? Noo...
Ya rabb!

********^^^^**********^^^^*********^^^**********^^^^^^*****^*^**^^^^***

*What a twist
*What did you expect
*This is short because I ran out of ideas and wanted to move on to the next interesting scene.

VOTE
LIKE
COMMENT
SHARE

^*Stay healthy*^