7...🦋

"Hello," He said again. I stay silent, unable to reply.

Ya Allah...

I cleared my throat and attempted to seem natural. It's not like he didn't just interrupt a grieving session.

"H-hi," I managed to blurt out.

"It's Amaan, and I'm speaking to Aaliyah, right?" He asked.

"Y-Yes yes then-this is - it's Aaliyah," I said.

Get yourself together, Aaliyah.

"How are you?"

"I'm good...I'm doing great," I replied.
" You sound a bit off,"
"Y-yeah yeah, I'm fine," I replied, trying as much as possible to compose myself.

"I don't think so. You're not okay. "
I laughed nervously.

"Haha...what makes you think that?"
"Your voice."
I stayed silent and sniffed back the tears that wanted to escape. Part of me wants to tell him everything, but we are not that close. Also, I don't think he'd even listen or understand me. And how could I tell a man my problems?

Even my best friend hasn't heard of the state I'm in. So why should I go ahead and discuss my problems with a stranger? I consider him as such since we've only met twice and didn't have a serious or long conversation.

He stays silent for a second or two. I listened to his breathing, waiting for him to say something.

"Are you going out today?" Me? Go out today? No. I'd rather lock myself in my room and sulk all day and night. But why is he asking me this?

"No... I'm not, " I replied.

" How about we get to know each other?" Wait, what? He wants to know me better. Maybe I heard wrong.

"Huh?"

"Yes. I will send you the location. Okay?"

Uhmm...

"Yeah, okay."

"See you there," that was the last thing he said before we hung up. So... it's a date? Ahh. Let's not get ahead of ourselves now. It can't be a date cos it's 12:32 now. And it's normally set in the evening, not at noon... Haha... He just wants to be friends. Haha, nothing more than that. Hahaha...

He messaged me almost immediately after we hung up. We were going to meet at Nosta Café. I heard it's a nice place and that they sell nice coffee. I'm not a fan of that, but I do take it once in a while.

I quickly got up from the bed and rushed to the bathroom.

I studied my reflection in the mirror. I looked like a hot mess. My eyes were red. My face was swollen. I washed my face and rubbed on some Vaseline and sunscreen. Now my face is a little better looking. Ah, what should I even wear?

I rummaged through my wardrobe till I found an open grey abaya. I wore a white camisole underneath it. Then paired it up with a grey veil and a white mini Chanel flap bag.

I looked fine...

I thought as I admired myself in the mirror.

I picked up my grey low dunks.
Toh let's see if mom will let me go out now. I moved out of my room to see that the lights were off in the corridor. Eh? Why, though? I turned them on and went towards Ummah's room. I turned the handle and pushed it inwards, but it didn't budge. Ha ah?

I tried again, but it didn't open.

She might be inside. I looked down at the floor, but no light was emitting from her room.