3

Jimin is pretty sure the universe is playing jokes on him.

He was going to have a nice day practicing at the local basketball court, but he realized quickly that he's freezing out in the cold weather, and not only that, but the very person he doesn't want to see showed up.

"What, are you stalking me or something?" Jimin scoffs, shivering as he notices his own breath in the chilly air. Yoongi—who's dressed according to the weather, in a jacket and sweatpants—steps up and raises an eyebrow at him.

"I come here all the time," the alpha tells him, seeming defensive. "I'd say you're the one stalking me."

He swoops in, taking the ball straight from Jimin's hands, and Jimin gapes in not only disbelief, but anger. "Hey!" Jimin chases him, blocking the ball just in time as Yoongi shoots it, and he takes it, shooting the basket and huffing out, "That's how it's done."

"One on one?" Yoongi questions.

Jimin crosses his arms over the basketball, holding it against his abdomen. "Why would I wanna play with you?" he asks in return. A smile breaks out on Yoongi's face, as if he's amused.

"Knew you'd be too chicken."

Rolling his eyes, Jimin steps up and tosses the ball, checking it so that they can begin. He doesn't necessarily want to play ball with the dummy, but he's also no chicken and he won't go down as one either.

However, a few minutes into playing, Jimin begins to lose focus. He begins to lose focus because they work up a sweat, and of course, the winter wind blows Yoongi's scent into his direction. The woodsy, citrusy scent is heavy and clear. Usually, they play against each other in a room surrounded by people of all subgenders; their scents are normally all mixed together, but right now, it's just the two of them. It's just Yoongi's scent that Jimin can focus on.

They were at equal scoring, basically passing the ball to each other to shoot. But now Jimin can hardly focus enough to block the ball because he's way too close to the alpha. His wolf isn't exactly the best at paying attention to anything else except for the alpha in front of him. He loses the ball multiple times, sometimes having to shake off the damn thought of his scent.

"Thought you're a professional basketball player?" Yoongi questions as he makes the winning basket, getting the ball and turning it on top of his finger, smirking like the asshole that Jimin thinks he is. Jimin rolls his eyes and knocks the ball off of his finger, making it hit the alpha's chest.

"Thought you were an alpha," he snaps back. "All I smell is jerk."

Yoongi hums, his face completely expressionless. "This scent?" He runs the pads of his fingers along his own neck, raising his chin a bit, and Jimin bites so hard onto his tongue that he might bite it off. "This is the scent of a real alpha, Min. Maybe you'll learn one day."

He tosses the ball to Jimin, who can only stare dumbly at him as he walks away, grabbing his water bottle and bag before he stars chugging the water and heading back to where the bus stop is.

Realistically, Jimin knows that Yoongi was dissing him for never being with a "real alpha," but Jimin can't help it as his brain thinks that him "learning one day" would be learning how much of an alpha Yoongi in particular is—it was in the context, after all. Jimin scoffs at the idea, mostly because his useless omega wolf practically perks up at the idea.

"Damn alpha," he mutters under his breath.

He rushes off, not wanting to be in the cold air anymore, and he brushes off the entire interaction with Yoongi, not wanting to think of him ever again. He's annoying.

•🏀•🏀•🏀•