9

"I just don't know what to say to him," Jimin tells Taehyung as he tosses his luggage into the back of his car. He and Hoseok swapped places for the ride back home because they don't want to risk having Jimin and Yoongi in the same car for too long—which is fair, but it makes Jimin feel bad regardless.

"Well," Taehyug begins, rearranging his suitcase next to the omega's. "How do you feel about him? Especially now that you know you're mates."

Jimin frowns to himself. "My wolf really wants him. It's so aggravating."

"You're always so annoyed when it comes to him."

"Because he is annoying," Jimin groans out. "Now more than ever, he's annoying me, and he's not even near me right now."

Taehyung chuckles. "I wouldn't say that's gonna last long," he says as he tilts his head in the direction of the lodge door, where Yoongi is coming out and heading towards them. Jimin sighs while Taehyung steps away, giving them privacy.

"Min."

Jimin crosses his arms and tilts his head, intrigued by what sounds like the start of a normal conversation between the two of them. "Yes?" he questions, following the motion of Yoongi's hands being tucked into his jacket pockets. Yoongi averts his eyes and drops his head before speaking again.

"I'm sorry about what happened the other day." The alpha glances up at Jimin and the younger merely stares at him with wide eyes. Yoongi chuckles at this, once again looking away from him. "Don't act so surprised. I just wanted to apologize for what I did when we ran into each other—putting my hands on you and all. I shouldn't have done that. Clearly, I stepped over the line and caused a bunch of shit to go down."

"I'm the reason shit went down," Jimin says, eyeing him. Yoongi's eyes go wide now, baffled. Jimin rolls his eyes and groans. "If it weren't because of you and your damn scent—"

"Okay, we're all packed and ready!" Hoseok calls out, gesturing for everyone to get in their seats.

Yoongi's once confused gaze shifts into a relaxed, amused smile. Jimin could choke Hoseok right now for cutting his words off at such awful timing. Instead of finishing his thought, he once again rolls his eyes at the alpha and hurries towards the backseat he'll be sitting in, closing the door and blocking out any form of communication from Yoongi. Hopefully he'll die of embarrassment before he sees him again.

•🏀•🏀•🏀•

During the long ride home, Taehyung turns around to face Jimin—Jungkook is driving them. "Jiminie," he says, giving him a genuinely concerned look. "What did Yoongi hyung say to you earlier? Did you talk it out?"

The only thing they got to say to each other was an apology and a half-assed thirsting on Jimin's part. Taehyung reminding him of their conversation makes the omega's skin crawl, and he curls up in shame.

"Don't remind me," he whines, hiding his face into the back of Jungkook's seat.

"What happened?" Jungkook asks, curious.

Jimin sighs heavily. "Well, he apologized, but I made myself look like a horny dog."

"That's not far off," Taehyung unhelpfully states. Jimin curses at his wolf for being so swept up in its mate. If his wolf wasn't such a needy little thing, he'd be just fine. Taehyung adds on, "He was a horny dog, too, Jimin. Just saying."

"Yeah," Jungkook chuckles. "A few of us had to leave the lodge because we felt like we were intruding. His scent was strong strong. And he kept growling anytime Seokjin hyung tried to bring him food or check up on him."

Imagining Yoongi growling protectively at someone for entering his space, Jimin's scent spikes up and the other two look back at him—Taehyung fully turned in his seat and Jungkook looking in the rearview mirror.

"I'm fine," he says, sighing out again.

"Oh, you're definitely fine," Jungkook laughs out. Taehyung giggles along with him. "You seem to like the idea of Yoongi hyung in rut, huh?"

Jimin pouts and swats at Jungkook's headrest. "Shut it, loverboy. You've been thirsting over Hoseok for years now."

"Ah," Jungkook sighs dreamily, ignoring Jimin's words as he locks fingers with Taehyung over the console, "they grow up so fast."

Jimin rolls his eyes and curls back into his seat. Taehyung asks him, "Why don't you just talk to him again when we get home? This time, maybe plan what you're going to say, though." Plan what he'll say? The only way he could plan something to say without messing up or with no interruptions is if...

"Perfect!" Jimin exclaims proudly. "I'll just message him on Twitter."

"Oh, that's not—"

"Perfect! Thanks, Taehyungie~"

•🏀•🏀•🏀•