5

A little over an hour passes before everyone is called to eat.

Jimin heads down the stairs and sniffs curiously at the meal waiting for him. His eyes widen in awe once he notices the dining table filled with tasty meat and sides to eat along with it. He hates to admit it, but it does look amazing. Once they all sit down and have filled their plates, Jimin digs in, his scent turning into a nice, pleased cherry-vanilla.

Unfortunately, he likes it. The food is amazing, even if it is Min Yoongi who cooked some of it. And while everyone compliments Seokjin and Yoongi's cooking, all Jimin can do is mutter a quiet, "Yeah, it tastes amazing." He ignores any side eyeing from the alpha. He refuses to see the smug look on his face—he just knows it's there.

Sure enough, it is. Jimin shouldn't have looked. Damn it.

He rolls his eyes once the alpha's gaze meets his. Holding up his small hand, blocking Yoongi's attention, he mutters, "You're so annoying."

"Good. I know."

Again, he rolls his eyes, but he lowers his hand and continues eating, hating that he likes it. Once everyone finishes, they're all energized and ready to do things.

"Let's go to the court!" Jungkook suggests, stretching his arms and hyping himself up. Namjoon stands up and stretches as well, smiling a dimpled smile.

"You want to?" he asks, seriously taking the suggestion. "Let's go. Two on two. Someone else join us." He locks eyes with Yoongi, who shrugs.

"Losers wash the dishes?"

Jungkook gasps. "That's evil." He grabs ahold of Jimin's arm and tugs on it. "Come on, let's do this."

Jimin's eyes widen as he's dragged up from his seat and encouraged to start stretching as well. "Huh? Why me?" he asks, pouting as he realizes that they actually want to play. "The sun is setting soon. Do we even have time?"

"There's always time!" Namjoon announces. "But let's go before the sun sets, actually. I don't think hyung wants to be out in the winter night," he laughs out as he wraps his arm around the other alpha, who clearly is questioning his agreement now.

They take Yoongi's basketball and head down the street, wrapped up in winter clothing just to shoot a few hoops. Jimin thinks they're crazy, but Jungkook and Namjoon are extra hyped to play. It's really the only reason why Jimin came. They seem so excited.

It's sunset when they begin playing. Two alphas versus a beta and an omega.

Jimin thinks back to the time he'd seen Yoongi in the grocery store, when he told Jimin to work on his posture. He plays with that in mind, letting Jungkook get a few hoops for the first bit, but then they change it up and Jimin steps in to take shots. He makes sure his posture is good each time, shooting each one perfectly.

In the end, Jimin and Jungkook are hyped up because they're winning, and by the time the sun finally sets and they can hardly see the basket anymore, they declare that Jimin and Jungkook are the winners. Namjoon and Yoongi have the dishwashing duty now.

But when they get back to the lodge, everyone splits up. Taehyung, Seokjin, and Hoseok are downstairs watching a movie, Jungkook goes to take a shower, and Jimin sits at the dining table for a minute. As Yoongi and Namjoon get ready to wash dishes, Namjoon gets a phone call and excuses himself for a bit.

Jimin sits back and watches Yoongi, feeling a pang of guilt seeping into his gut as he watches the alpha wash away. It doesn't seem fair at all. Yoongi cooked them a nice dinner and now he's washing the dishes as well. Perhaps they should've come up with a different penalty for losing.

Sighing, Jimin gets up from his seat and steps into the kitchen, getting right beside Yoongi. The alpha turns his head to him, confused to see Jimin picking up the washed dishes and drying them off with a towel. He realizes very quickly that Jimin is helping him, and his gaze lingers on him for a second before he looks back at the sink.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me," Jimin says curtly. "It's not really fair for you to wash dishes, anyway. You cooked. Just let me wash them."

Yoongi looks over to him. "It'll be faster if we both do it. Let's just work together."

"What makes you think I wanna do that?"

"I wasn't asking," Yoongi says nonchalantly, continuing to wash the dishes. Jimin's lips poke out into a frustrated pout, glaring at the alpha, but he keeps drying each dish Yoongi hands to him regardless.

As they finish up the dishes, Namjoon walks in and is shocked at the sight, but he doesn't say anything about it. Instead, he apologizes and says he was on a call with his mom.

"It's okay, Joon-ah," Yoongi dries his hands and then pats Namjoon's back, smiling at him. "You'll be washing dishes tomorrow."

He walks off and heads to his room, and Jimin holds back a laugh at Namjoon's exaggerated confusion and shock. Walking up to the alpha, Jimin also gently pats his back.

"Good luck with that."

•🏀•🏀•🏀•