Chapter 3: Sleepover Celebration!!

CatBat POV

It's been three whole days since i first got here, and holy catnip is it nice! My first proper day here was a success, for the most part. I got to know DogDay! On the other hand, i kinda failed to even get CatNap out of bed... Listen okay!? He was sleeping like the cat he is! I wonder how he didn't wake up though. Eh, he went outside at one point. And that is to do his job of putting the children to sleep. How? Hell do i know. If i know children correctly, they will NEVER fall asleep on command. You leave them unattended for 3 seconds, poof! They're gone! I should ask him how he does it.

During the past few days, i got to know the other critters aswell. They're nice, kinda like the average friend group-kinda nice. But DogDay's got to be my favorite. I'm not saying i don't like the other critters, it's just, DogDay's different. If you get me.

This will be pretty embarrasing to admit, but i need an alarm if i'm going to stand a chance on waking up before 3pm.

So that's exactly what happened today.

I woke up, not to the sun rays trying to pierce my eyes, but rather my loud ass alarm destroying my eardrums. So i decide it was enough sleep, and i walk over to the other rooms to get ready  for the day. 

As i was making breakfast for myself i hear a knock on my door, so without hesitation and a hint of annoyance i walk over to the door to check who it is, and what they want with me this early in the morning. 

I open the door, and to my slight surprise, i saw DogDay, with the biggest grin i've ever seen him wear.

DogDay: Hey CatBat! I just wanted to invite you to a sleepover at my house today! It's gonna be so much fun!! We're gonna watch movies, eat a lot of delicious snacks, play some games, not to mention sleep!!

Seeing and hearing his happy-go-lucky personality always widened my smile by a mile. But i still wanted to mess with him slightly.

CatBat: And, what's in it for me?

DogDay: Huh?

CatBat: What's in it for me? What do i earn from it?

DogDay: Uhmmmmm,,, uhh. you-uhh can... Have a good time?!

CatBat: Anything else?

DogDay: Uhhh-

CatBat: I'm kidding, of course i'm gonna come! I can't miss my first sleepover.

DogDay: Phew, got me worried for a second.

CatBat: Hey! Come on man. Don't have small expectations about me. I'm always up for anything.

I use my tail to pull him into a friendly, nothing's-going-on-here hug. It felt weird. Not in a bad way of course, but rather nicer than expected.

I hear a door slam shut, but it didn't seem like DogDay did, so i just ignored it to not ruin the moment.

DogDay: Great! Then come meet me at my place at 5 alright?

CatBat: Sure. I'll try to get some breakfast in now, so, See'ya

DogDay: gu-bye CatBat!

I then closed the door went back into my kitchen to continue my breakfast. Having my thoughts attached to DogDay.

What is going on with me?

CraftyCorn POV

I was in my house with Bobby, one of my dearest friends as we were talking about something very serious.