Chapter 5: ''Reflexes with Strategery, and Flattery''

(Short) Camera POV

The group of friends, well known as ''The Smiling Critters'' were all together at a dodgeball arena. With Hoppy and Kickin having a 1v1. While everyone else were doing their own stuff. DogDay was the 'judge' of said match. He decided if they got hit or not. Crafty and Bobby were drawing on one of the many sheets of paper they brought. Bubba was solving math problems, and Picky went to get some snacks. While the two feline twins were in a tree conversing about whatever came to mind. Though, CatNap spoke in whispers so that the other critters won't hear him.

It was all fun and peaceful, Until CatBat discovered that he himself had something beyond the others' imagination.

CatBat POV

I was just in a tree talking with Theo. Well, with him barely talking to me that is. We were just talking about whatever came to mind.

CatNap: *Whisper* So, last night was pretty nice eh?

CatBat: Of course! I loved it! Dude, the night was majestic.

CatNap: *Whisper* Apart from the whole pendant thingy.

CatBat: About that. Where is my pendant?

CatNap's ears perked up, like he noticed something.

CatNap: *Whisper* Shit, i didn't pick it back up did i?

CatBat: Apparently not.

Hearing CatNap swear wasn't unnatural at this point. Almost every other conversation, he would find an opportunity to use a word. Of course, i can swear if i want to. But i like to keep it to myself. Most of the time.

Kickin shouted something. I couldn't quite get what it was. But he didn't yell again, so it probably wasn't important.

(Short) Hoppy Hopscotch POV

I had the ball. But this time, i planned something different. I always tried to aim where i shoot, but i wanted to try to not aim you know, putting more in power, and less in aiming. I want to give Kickin some shock when he realizes he dosen't have time to react. So, using every single muscle i had, i threw the ball at miraculous speeds.

...

But i was not even close to hitting Kickin. I was way off. 

Kickin Chickin: Dude! What was that!? Who are you trying to hit?!

CatNap POV

We were still in the tree just talking to eachother. But i didn't notice a ball flying towards me at insane speeds. But it seems like CatBat did. I always knew he had reaction time, or rather we. But i didn't know he had this much. Apparently as the wild ball was going in our direction, he reached his paw out in the blink of an eye, and caught the ball an inch away from my face.

Everyone went quiet as they all saw what happened. They were all in shock. As was i. He then glode down towards them, and handed DogDay the ball.

CatBat: You'd probably want this back.

DogDay: ...But!? HOW!? 

CatBat: What do you mean? I just caught the ball.

DogDay: Nonono, I can't let you just ''casually catch a ball going at light speed with one paw, and ALSO prevent CatNap from getting hit''. Without mentioning it! Is that just normal?!

CatBat: Ok, first of all. Calm down. And second: Yes, Cats have good reaction time. And i think bats also do. Right Bubba?

The said elephant was broken out of his thoughts by the sudden question.