Chapter 6 | You should take a chance, when you can.

"The board is making plans to bring in a younger CEO and it's making stuff hard for us

"The board is making plans to bring in a younger CEO and it's making stuff hard for us. I mean, you know how this company is important to me and while the board has a fair amount of control, the CEO is the face of the company and he/she must be trustworthy for me to give my company to them."My Dad says as he drinks some OJ.

After the little embarrassing incident that took place yesterday, I felt really bad that I did not spend time with my dad and so I took it upon myself to make up for that. So here I am, on a Sunday morning, flipping golden brown pancakes and slicing strawberries.

We are having breakfast together, just like old times.

My dad and I got to talking about the status of his company, Williams Financials.

I loved the fact that he asked me my opinions and often complemented my viewpoint on certain topics, even if they were wrong or crazy.

"Why don't you decide based on merit? There must be some employee of the company who must be invested in the company's growth and they could make an incredible CEO" I say and shrug.

My dad clicks his tongue and shakes his head, "Trust. Trust, is what I'm looking for muffin" he says.

"Everybody now has enough brains to make it. I mean all you need is a business degree and some connections. That's not the problem. I need someone who has the best interest of the company at heart and maintains non-corrupt management. Our firm is successful because of the trust that our clients have in us and once the position and power of a CEO goes to head, many often forget the true goal."

I nod my head in understanding. Managing a very reputed NBFC(Non-Banking Financial Company) is a matter of trust and Williams Financials is a major player in the lending sector. The company has a clean history and I do understand my father's concern with choosing a perfect CEO but there is nothing much I can do to help, so I just sit and listen to him.

"I understand," I say and nod.

"Good. Always remember that trust is an underrated virtue. "

"Oh my god, he is the cutest

"Oh my god, he is the cutest... I can't believe that I'm going on a date with Jacob, I never thought this day would come. I have fantasized, yes. But I never thought that it would happen" Anne said dreamily, with a faint blush on her cheeks.