Chapter 18 | Can this day get any more worse?

Today is the 1st of October

It's the last day of our carpooling arrangement.

Has it been a month and a half already?

"Sasha I just want to start by thanking—"Jacob begins but stops once I send him a death glare through the rearview mirror.

All of us have been in a somber mood ever since we got the notice on the school's official page.

I thought I'd be the most affected by this but all my friends have been equally sad.

How do I explain this?

All of us know that carpooling is not going to end our friendship or something. We still have many different ways to communicate and hang out, but the idea of letting go of something that brought us all so much closer together hurts tremendously.

The confines of my previously lonely car suddenly became the hub of gossip, random chit-chat, dissing each other's music tastes, jamming to some common favorite songs, playing truth or dare, and so on.

Our journey became all the more fun than the destination itself.

But our destination is school...

Anything is better than school.

Never mind, that was a poor comparison.

"It's not like we won't meet, stop being such a Debbie Downer Jacob," Sam says and chuckles dryly.

"Who knew getting our parking spaces back would suck so much."

"Have you seen 'I am Legend' Sam?" Anne asks and a huge grin settles on my face

Our lunchtime is unusually silent and I'm glad Anne decided to start making conversation, even if it's a little irrelevant

"Huh?" Sam asks, clearly confused at the randomness of her question.

"Have you seen 'I am—"

"I heard you the first time, why are you asking me this?"