Chapter 8 | Apologises & Additions to the Lunch table

Back to present

"You are so fucking useless" Sam chides me after I drop the whole milk carton

Anne is not gonna be too happy about that.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I just thought I'd be the wonderful person that I am and make some breakfast for all of us, but looks like every woman for themselves," I say sarcastically and begin moving.

"Nuh-uh, you're gonna make some eggs and toast..No going anywhere missy," Sam says and crosses her arms over her chest.

I roll my eyes but begin cracking the eggs and whipping them like the pro I am. Not.

"What the hell?" Anne shouts as she sees the mess we made.

"We're making breakfast," I say proudly.

"Are we planning on eating off of the floor? There is more food down here than I've had the past week" Anne says while running a hand through her messy curls.

"Perhaps you could forgive us for the mess because we helped you out on your date yesterday?, which by the way you have a lot of tea to spill. Pun fully intended." Sam says and sips her tea while still making eye contact with Anne.

Nice segue Sam

After my little conversation with Sam yesterday(chapter 6, in case you forgot!😉) both of us watched a lotta movies and ended up sleeping on the futon. Neither of us had any clue as to when Anne came back but it must've been much later cause we stayed up till midnight, watching some pretty cool movies.

I woke up at 6:00 today morning, to the sweet sweet melody of the dog barking alarm setting on my phone. Suffice it to say, the girls woke up in a relatively bad mood.

I'm pretty sure that my alarm got the other dogs all riled up.

Anne's face completely morphs into pure ecstasy at the mention of the date. She walks up to us and settles down on the kitchen island while swinging her legs back and forth.

"It was pretty good," she said while trying to keep a straight face.

"Kay, we're gonna need more than that," I say as I plate up the scrambled eggs and serve it to them.

"We went to the carnival and he was being a gentleman the whole time. I mean, it was really cute to see him get all nervous when he kept asking me if I liked it. Needless to say, you did a wonderful job making him more nervous after the little stunt you pulled", she said and gave me a pointed look, " and we held hands the whole time. It was really cute."

"Did you guys kiss?" Sam and I both ask in sync.

Anne doesn't reply but we can see the blush travelling up her neck to her ears.

"Oh my god... tell us the whole story you fool", I say dramatically

"Okay so...", she starts but then giggles a little like a lovesick puppy, "we went to all the rides and the guy wasn't making a move, like at all, and I was getting frustrated, so I did what any logical, annoyed and desperate person would do—"