𝐌𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐉𝐀𝐘 ☘︎ 19

The next day, I don't remember much. I just remember how I cried out her name, how I got set on fire after the second round of bombs, and how I don't know whether the girl I cared so much for is dead or not.

I wake up in a hospital. I don't really know where I am. I try to get up but a nurse discourages me and pushes me back.

Then Haymitch, Mrs Everdeen and my mother enter. Haymitch stands at the end of my bed, my mother takes a seat on the one along from mine, and Mrs Everdeen dabs some cream or medicine on my burns.

"Fight was over after the Capitol dropped those bombs to defend the palace," Haymitch explains. "The rebels walked right in."

I try to move but Mrs Everdeen stops me. "Don't Willow, the ointment's working."

"Everybody felt it," Haymitch closes his eyes. "Peacekeepers, palace guards. They had kids in there, too. It was... it was over after that."

I look at Mrs Everdeen, who begins to cry. Then to my mother. "Mother..." I begin slowly.

Their slow sobs is all I need to confirm what I already know is true.

"She's... she's gone," Mrs Everdeen cries to me.

She's gone. I can already think of how Rory's going to react. And Katniss. And Posy. And Vick. But all I can think about is Gale. Yelling for me to kill him as he got dragged away.

☘︎☘︎☘︎

"I remember the first time I brought you here," Effie and I are climbing up to the mansion. I remember too.

"Eyes bright, chins up, smiles on. I'm talking to you, Willow."

Effie's in her pink dress again, and her wig. It seems the first thing she did when the Capitol surrendered was raid their wardrobes.

"And here we are," she says as we walk into a fancy room. "I've brought all your things."

I see the picture of my father, the pearl, and Austin's locket...

"Well I'll leave you to get settled in," Effie shuts the door behind her. 

But the next thing I do is open it. I walk around the mansion, seeing grand rooms, a circular table with a hole in the middle, and... and...

Out the window, I spot a green house. One look and I can tell that it's a garden.

I rush outside, longing to enter it, but the two guards that man the door step in front of it. "Sorry ma'am, can't let you pass."

"Let her in," I turn round to see Paylor at the top of the steps I climbed down moments ago. "On my authority. She has a right to anything behind that door."

I nod kindly to her and she nods back before the guards let me in.

I feel the hot and humid temperature before I notice something else. The only plant in the whole garden is a white rose. Nothing else. I look around to see a fountain, big and majestic standing in the middle. But apart from that, there's just green leaves and white roses.

I reach down to touch a petal. I pick it, looking at it more closely, when-

"That's a nice one," I spin around to see President Snow walking round a bush towards me. "The colours are lovely of course, but nothing says perfection like white.

"I hoped you would find your way here," he discloses, sitting down on a bench at his disposal. "So many things we should discuss, but I am sure your visit will be brief so... first I want to tell you how sorry I am about that little girl. Primrose, was it?"