New Schicksal

Athena woke up in the infirmary of Helios. She quickly sat up, to see Susannah sleeping by her side.

And Ren who was cutting up apples.

"Oh you're already awake. That's good. I'm glad you're okay"

Ren said and smiled with tears in his eyes. He then placed the plateful of apple on her lap.

"....Ren..."

Athena felt guilty for some reason, she saw how worried Ren was. It was apparently heartbreaking to see.

"Eat some apples and rest up. I'm gonna go back to work"

"Ren wait!"

Ren looked back at her with a smile.

"You....I...if you want to become strong, just say it. I'll....I'll do what I can"

Ren looked at her with the realization of what she meant.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it"

Ren left and went back to work.

"No point in wallowing in guilt"

"Ahhh!! Fuck! You scared me!"

Bronya was dumbfounded by her reaction. Thinking that Athena knew she was there.

"Sorry-"

Bronya who always kept to herself sat by her side. Looking at the window outside of Helios. When Athena was unconscious the whole time. They managed to leave the place with the back up oil they had. Reaching Helios was the first hard part.

The second one, was to eliminate the honkai beasts roaming around Helios. After managing to escape Nagazora. Jessica began to treat Athena's wounds.

"One more use of that vial will burn that arm of yours, is what the doctor said"

Bronya said.

"I see...thank you."

Athena sighed, but she didn't regret the idea of using it for their survival. Without it, they might have died there.

"Right, you're Bronya Zaychik, a former valkyrie and Herrscher right? What happened to you? Rather why were you in Nagazora?"

Bronya averted her eyes, thinking of how to explain it in simple terms to her.

"Firstly, I lost my Herrscher core. Second, I was looking for a friend"

The words that came out of Bronya's mouth just made it even more unbelievable. Herrscher cores are extremely important for a person like Bronya. If they don't have it, they'd return back to who they were before they had it.

"How???"

"During the third war, our....comrade was successfully corrupted by the honkai corruption and....by the Queen."

"That's..."

"Even with our Herrscher cores, my friend and I....we couldn't kill her. She was...very important to us. But because of our mistake. Countless died and we were truly monsters as herrschers set out to be"

Bronya's words had lingering anger, regret, and sadness. Without her help now, they wouldn't manage to escape Nagazora.

"Would you like to head back home?"

Bronya looked Athena as she suggested to come back with her.

"Possibly."

"Then stay with us. Besides we have to report what had happened in New Schicksal about the happenings in Nagazora."