The Silver Butterfly

[Don't push yourself, without your life or rather without you. There's no meaning in saving the world. Please be careful, not with how you use my gift but how you carry the burden that may burn your body from the fierce flames that's been starting to engulf the world.]

Her statements were so charming and enticing. Ren awoke to find himself in a different house, despite her apprehensive caution and anxieties. He sat up quickly, not knowing that he would see another person.
A frail girl, her hands holding a platter of sliced fresh apples and a bright red scarf over her head.

"Please, have this. You should eat to regain your strength"

Ren moved catiously as she approached abruptly. Still, the girl approached him gently and gave him the plate. Her hands were shaking from the cold, not from terror. Seeing this, Ren held the girl's hands, who was chilly, in addition to the plate.
Ren smiled and thanked her.
Thanks to this girl, Ren survived but right now. His own life isn't his concern.

"Have you seen a tall girl with short hair, with a bit of green in it. She's with two people and the other one is injured."

The girl nodded as she heard the description of the person Ren was looking for, she held his hand and led him to the living room only to find the girl's parents and Wendy helping them. Wendy saw Ren who was finally concious and quickly went to him, hugging him firmly. Tears forming in her eyes as she kept the tight yet warm hug.

"You're okay!"

Wendy said with such affectionate tone.

"Thank you, thank you for surviving"

She was so worried, waiting me under the broken cabin, unsure if Ren was even surviving the fight.
Ren was like family to her now, losing him was something unbearable. After all, she hated being alone after all those years in this cold world.

Ren was still recovering so Wendy guided him to the fireplace, to sit and rest. The frail girl then went to her parents to help along with Wendy. Ren meanwhile stayed still at the fireplace, wondering about what happened to that hunter.
A stern look, a warrior, an honorable one yet takes a price on head. The hunter is merely a puppet, but it shouldn't matter because they were just caught up with the mess. Ren needs to interrogate with the two people who came to them, after he and the wounded lady recovers.

During those three months, still even after managing to recover most his honkai energy and his original body. He couldn't create any portals, why? According to Wendy, lately something has been blocking or rather limiting the honkai energy that was roaming around this world.
Something was being used as a barrier to prevent any herrscher to appear. Only small beasts roam around, and sometimes it may look like a divine protection on the outside but in reality, it's used for something more malicous.

Wendy figured this out when the freezing happened, it "froze" most of her herrscher core.
Someone is manipulating the current events of the world but it's only a speculation.
It's only based on Wendy's observation, no evidence or witneses to confirm the speculation.

The next morning, Ren managed to recover his strength but his wounds are still healing, he changed some clothes and went to the kitchen to see the girl's mother and wendy, smiling and laughing as they come up with breakfast. The girl helps with the table as she saw Ren awake, she had a gleeful look on her face and approached him.
Ren caressed her head and gave her a pat. He saw the father wore a jacket and an axe on hand with him. Ren decided to help with woodwork to contribute in the house, even though the family tried to convince him to rest some more.

Even during this snowy days, every villager needed to work and keep up for their family, hunting, wood cutting for firewood. They only have themselves now since the main kingdom, the main city had been closed for some time now.
Ren and the father then went on a walk and gather as much as firewood as possible. Still, Ren didn't do much as the father did because he was still recovering but it's no excuse for not helping.