A New World and The Hunter

It's been exactly three months since Ren accidentally transversed inside another world. Stuck in an ice covered land, where not even the slightest heat from the sun hit any land.

Ren met with one of the inhabitants of the new world. Wendy, a Herrscher that bears authority on the wind.
Three-months, within that time. Ren managed to regain his male body, his hair longer, and body a bit bigger. Ren helped with hunting, wood cutting, and all the stuff that Wendy couldn't do.

In the present time, Ren lay on the cold snow, still and unwavering. Not even the slightest shake from the cold, holding up his hunting rifle. His eyes watch for a prey to come out from its hiding.
With a small sigh of breath, his finger touched the trigger just as he was taught.

Let the pain and anger go. Let everything go. The strife, the chaos that dwells in his heart.
With the deer on sight, Ren pulled the trigger and hit the deer with precision.
It wasn't perfect but it was enough to paralyze the deer.

Ren got up, and hurried to the deer as he took out his knife. Touching the deer with remorse.

"Thank you, please rest in peace"

With that, Ren has a quick stab on the neck. Letting the blood out and the life of the deer disappear from its eyes.
After drying out the blood from the deer completely, he carried it back to the cabin in which he stayed in, with Wendy.

"Welcome home, Ren"

"Ah Wendy, I brought meat and some wood for the fire. Are you okay?"

"Yes, thank you for doing this as always"

Wendy smiled as she returned to the fireplace, throwing some new firewood. Letting the heat warm the cabin. While Ren places down the rifle, he went to the shed nearby to place the firewood he collected. Ever since Ren stepped foot in this world, he's been trying to adapt especially from the cold. Wendy who helped him through months, guided him as well as knowing him. Ren did the same, since they have each other they treated themselves like family.

It was tough for Ren, but nothing he couldn't handle. While Ren decided to place some firewood in the shed. He took the axe and chopped the big ones to fit them inside.

"Ren, dinner is ready"

Wendy called out, her warm sigh could be seen whenever she spoke. Ren quickly heads back inside, so that the cold doesn't enter the cabin.

"What's for dinner?"

"Stew"

"Amazing, you've always been a good cook. If it was back at home, the canteens aren't really that good. I mean it is but not as good as yours"

"Flattering me, won't get you anywhere"

Ren chuckled from her comment as they both sat down and ate their dinner. Of course, it was amazing and as always it was delicious.
Wendy was washing the dishes while Ren helped when all of a sudden, the front door was banging like crazy.

Ren looked at Wendy as he signaled to be quiet. He quickly went to the front door, rifle nearby as he opened the door slightly.

"Please help!..."

"Our comrade!.....he... he's injured!"

Ren's eyes looked at the outsiders and their injured friend. It could be a diversion or a trap trying to let their guard down.
But when Wendy touches his shoulders, her eyes tells him to stop being on guard.

Ren sighed and opened the door fully as he helped carry the wounded. Placing him by the sofa and by the fireplace. Meanwhile Wendy went ahead and took some first aid kit to bandage the wounds.