Chapter Six

Stella told me her version of the story at lunch. We had lunch alone in the garden. She told me the parts that Damon wasn't involved in. But what got me thinking the entire day was that both she and Damon said my parents loved each other. It was fear that kept them apart.

Dinner was the worst. When my father saw me at the table he immediately requested for his food to be sent to his office and left. I ate dinner alone since Damon and Stella went back to their packs. Jackson and his family were out.

I haven't been outside the pack house so I didn't know what they meant by 'out'. Did they even have restaurants here?

I went to my room after I ate. I debated on whether to take a bath or shower. I was too exhausted to set up a bath so I decided to go with the shower instead.

I was getting ready for bed until I heard a knock on my door. My heart jumped. No one else was here besides my father and I. The guards wouldn't come here right?

I inhaled deeply and opened the door. My father stood with a box in his hands.

"These were your mother's." He handed me the box. "Take it with you when you're leaving." He turns then looks over his shoulder and said, "Goodnight." Then disappeared into another room.

I shut the door and I didn't care if he heard it bang. Couldn't he be nicer? Or say something decent.

Hey, Kira. I wanted to give you some of your mother's things. I figured you might want them.

I scoffed to myself. Like he'd ever say something like that.

I put the box on the bed and checked the box. Inside was a jewelry box and a teddy bear with some other small things. I opened the jewelry box. In it was a beautiful ring. It looked almost familiar.

I gasped when I remembered that my father wore a similar one. Did they match?

"Oh my god." I gasped. What if my father gave me these things because he knew I would give it to my mother? What if he wants my mother to have it back?

He still loves her.

But what if it's because he wants nothing to do with her?

No. Then he'd probably burn or bury everything. But he chose to give it to me, knowing what would happen.

I wanted to jump up in joy, but didn't. I was too exhausted. I yawned as I placed the box down on the floor by my bed. I dozed off in the next few minutes.

At least my mind was at ease tonight.

I woke up late in the morning. I actually had a good night sleep. I stretched then rushed to the bathroom. I was so late.

Stella said that today was training day. And I was already half an hour late.

I showered quickly and changed into a purple tank top and shorts. I rushed down stairs and found my way to the training grounds.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." I tell Stella.

She turned to me, her face gleaming. "Kira." She emphasized, getting my father's attention. I saw him lift his head from the side of my eye. He didn't look at us but I could see the scowl on his face.

"I didn't think you would show up. Come on." She tugs me to where the other she-wolves were.

They straightened their postures when Stella and I approached them. Stella didn't greet them, instead she started exercising and showed me how to do a few other things.