Chapter Thirteen

I pushed through Zade's front door of the mansion and walked through the corridors as if I hadn't just been rejected by my father, kidnapped by his enemy, found my mate and─

"Kira?"

My head snapped to Damon's direction.

"I thought you... What happened? You've been gone for three days."

I stilled. Three days.

I was gone for three days. I was kidnapped. Had I been asleep for three days?

"I─uh─I needed time." I finally said after a long pause.

Damon frowned. "Zade said you went home."

"I have no intention of going back home." The words slipped out of my mouth before I could rethink it.

Damon flinched, "I heard about the fight you had with Zade."

I refrained from scowling, my jaw tightening. I crossed my arms across my chest to prevent my hands from balling into fists. I hadn't realized that everyone would assume I've left. I should have asked Lucien how long I was asleep.

He didn't bother to let me know, anyway.

Thoughts of Lucien suddenly plagued my mind and I shoved them out immediately.

"It was a mere argument." I stated, "He doesn't accept me as his daughter, fine. But that doesn't give him the right to control me."

"He's the─"

"King." I finished for him. "And I'm a rogue. I do not belong to any pack. He has no control. If he likes, I'll leave the mansion and stay somewhere else. But I am not leaving this world."

Damon thinned his lips. A few strands of grey hair were visible at the sides of his head. Only now had I realised his hair was messy and his eyes had dark circles under them. He looked as if he hadn't had much sleep and if he did it was probably in his office.

I sighed, maybe I had been too harsh with my words. He didn't do anything wrong to me, he shouldn't suffer from my tantrums. I shouldn't be having tantrums like a child in the first place. I'm eighteen for God's sake and mated...

Lucien's touch still lingered on my skin. It had only been about an hour or two since I left his lands...

The way he said I was his. But he hadn't made it seem like I'm an object. He made me seem... normal. He held me while I cried. He whispered things in my ears that aroused me. He let me go knowing I'd be back somehow. Because he... trusted me.

When I left Zade's mansion, all I wanted to do was go home and cry in my mother's arms. But after everything he said to me...

You shouldn't cry because of them. They are not worth your tears. Don't let them control your emotions.

Show them you don't fear them. Show them that you're in charge. Show them that you're not one to be messed with.

Not like me. Be yourself, just a bit tougher.

I straightened my posture, then Damon spoke again. "What about Esra?"

She hadn't come for me. Hadn't attempt to reach out. The more the days flew by, the more I began to doubt her. After all her lies and the secrets she kept from me, I was willing to forgive her. But now... I don't know what to do.

"She didn't come to get me. She knew I would come here. She hasn't even reached out."

Damon looked away and nodded. He didn't look at me again and muttered softly about needing to attend a meeting. I let him go even though I knew he hid something. I didn't push for answers. I would find out eventually.