11. Why him?

Aneesha's pov:

The hurt I saw in my mom's eyes when she left broke my heart. She didn't even look at me once. I am torn between what I want from life and what my parents want from me. To keep my parents happy, do I have to sacrifice my whole life?

No matter what I have to do I can't let her be sad because of me. May be I should  have a heart to heart talk with him. I thought they will get hurt when they learn how I feel suffocated with their excessive control over my life. Either way I hurt them so I will tell them the truth.

I went to their room and it was not locked. I knocked the door and went inside. As soon as my mom saw me she told my dad,"Get her out of here. I don't want to see her face."

When I tried to walk closer to her she shouted," Get out. Why are you here? Go to your so called husband. Aaqib please send her out."

My body froze looking at my mom condition. She was breathing rapidly. Her eyes are red full of tears.

My dad said," Aneesha please go for me. Her health is affecting. We will talk once she calm down. Now you go. Zaiba take her away."

Zaiba took my hand and dragged me outside. On the way at the door I bumped into Afnaan who glared at me. He was about to say something when Zaiba took me from there.

I went to my room. When I opened the door I saw Zaeem waiting for me inside.

He said," Are you okay?"

I ran towards him and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me tightly.

He said," Everything will be fine."

I shook my head and said," My mom is very angry. She don't want to see me. She hates me."

He slowly caressed my head and said," Don't cry.  Give her time. She will be okay. I am sorry I was rude to your parents. I shouldn't have talked to your mom like that."

I know he was very rude to my mom but I also felt how panicked he was, His hand was shaking with which he held mine when my mom was about to take me with her.

I said," Don't do it next time. She already doesn't like you."

He said," I will apologize to her tomorrow."

I heard someone clear throat. I realized Zaiba is still in this room.

Blush crept on my cheeks. I immediately moved away from Zaeem.

He said," You guys rest. I will go."

I nodded and he left from there.

Zaiba said," I don't know what you see in him."

I sighed and sat on my bed. She also came and sat beside me.

She said," I truly want to know what you see in him which is not there in Afnaan bhai. "

When I didn't reply she continued," I agree he is very attractive, good looking and well built but I never took you as someone who is so superficial. "

When I didn't reply she said," Why don't you say something? What he has that my brother don't. My brother is rich, smart, caring, loving and responsible. He is not as good looking as Zaeem but he is also very handsome.  Most of all he loves you madly since childhood. In his eyes you are the only one. He never saw anyone else other than you. His love never changed even though you hurt him and disrespected him. Why Aneesha? Why can't you accept him?"

I said," because he don't respect me. He doesn't see me as a individual but as a extension of him. A puppet who will do what he says. Do you remember any incident since childhood that I asked for something which Afnaan disapprove of but he gave in to me for my happiness. Any single instance?"