Snitches get stiches

Song: 'Everything I wanted' By Billie Eilish

"Create a life you can't wait to wake up to"

------------------------------------------

Isabella's POV:

Thankfully, when I got home, there was a note on the fridge stating that my parents had to sort out business and wouldn't be back until late. I couldn't imagine their reaction if they saw it; they would worry so much.

Rushing up the stairs to my room, I changed into an oversized t-shirt. I didn't feel like eating dinner tonight, and I doubted there was much food anyway. I had stayed up all night worrying, so as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell straight asleep.

"Wake up, Isabella." My mother's voice startled me from my slumber. Sitting up, I wondered why she used my full name - she only does that when she's mad. "Did my mom just call me by my name? She only does that when she's mad. Shit, I don't remember doing anything to upset her," I thought, getting up and heading downstairs.

"Good morning, Mommy," I said, kissing her on the cheek. But her expression was anything but cheerful as she held a box of cereal. "Why didn't you tell me?" she asked, her voice tinged with sadness.

"What do you mean?" I started playing with my fingers.

"I know you don't want me to worry, but why wouldn't you tell me you got punched yesterday, and that you dented someone's car! Isabella, we don't have money we can throw away. Your father will now have to pick up extra shifts to pay for it," my mother said, sounding angry and sad at the same time.

How did she know? Claire promised she wouldn't tell, and I didn't see any teachers in the parking lot.

"We got a call from the principal; we are having a meeting with the parents of the kid who punched you," she sighed. Mom's always busy with work, so this probably really messed up her schedule. "You've only been there for one day, for heaven's sake, Isabella. We don't have time for your mess," she scolded. I flinched at her tone; I've really disappointed them, and it hurts so badly. But I didn't mean to crash into his car. I kept my tears in and went to my room to get dressed, letting the sobs come out.

Claire wouldn't betray me like this. A meeting! Sebastian's going to kill me.

I finished getting dressed, wiped my tears, and washed my face. I picked up my bag and walked downstairs. My mother and father sat at the dinner table, counting money.

"I don't know if we can afford this," my father spoke to my mother with sadness in their faces, not noticing that I had entered the room. My parents are already struggling with money, and I've just made it 10 times worse. I don't want dad to have to pick up extra shifts because of me. They already work long hours.

I decided not to say anything and grabbed my backpack. I left the house and started to walk to school - something I'll have to get used to. It might be ages until I can get my bike back. My ankles have gotten a bit better, but it still hurts to walk. My lip is still pretty messed up though.

I hope I can see James today. He's really nice and super cute. I blushed walking into the parking lot, feeling all eyes on me. I saw Sebastian hanging around his car with his friends. I quickly looked away and entered the school.

Claire got the reception to hand me my timetable while I was in the nurse's office, so that saved me some time. I've got math first. I'm kind of a nerd; I love subjects like English and math, and I'm pretty good at them too.

I walked through the hallways, hoping to find bathrooms or the library. It's pretty awkward being lost in the hallways. I have 20 minutes until class starts.