Good girl

Song: 'Treehouse' by Alex G 

"You can't hurt a overthinker person because they already seen it coming."

--------------------------------

I lay on the floor in pain, breathing heavily, trying to calm myself down. Slowly, I sat myself up from the grass, my head pounding. I groaned in pain as I stood up. "My stomach hurts so badly, my nose has dried blood from his hard shoe hitting my face, my shirt has blood stains, and my hair feels like it's been ripped out. Overall, I feel pain all over, mentally and physically."

My book... he threw away my book. The book that my dad tried so hard to convince me the author signed, which ended with me getting tickled when I tried to prove him wrong.

I zipped up my hoodie, hiding my white-stained T-shirt. I should really wear something darker. I put my bag over my shoulder and sighed. I probably look awful. I pulled out a twig from my hair and ran my fingers through it.

I looked at my timetable, knowing that lunch wasn't much longer, which reminded me that I hadn't eaten in about two days. I don't like eating in front of people, and there wasn't much in the fridge yesterday. I have math again, which made me sigh, but at least the teacher's nice.

I used the makeup wipes from my bag and wiped the blood from my face. This is the last lesson, so if I keep my head down, hopefully, nobody would notice how bad I looked. I walked through the hallways, fighting away the tears that so desperately wanted to pour out. What did I do to deserve this?

Sebastian's POV:

I hate her. I hate her so fucking much.

I'll never forget what she did to me all those years ago.

She deserved getting beaten up. Nobody likes her, and I'm not surprised. Everyone talks about her behind her back, they talk about how she's acting innocent and sweet, but really, she's a bitch.

And for that James guy that's been lusting over her, I made sure that he doesn't ever talk to her again. I would do the same for Britney, but it won't be long until Isabella finds out she's a fake bitch.

Me and my friends were playing matches of basketball until I see a girl clutching onto her books. There's only one girl that's nerdy enough to read at lunch. 'I'll be right back,' I say to my friends. 'Make sure she doesn't kill you with her ugliness,' my friend said, looking at Isabella while laughing.

I smirked, thinking about the things I'm going to do to her. She deserves this.

I ripped the book she was reading out of her hand, which made her jump. I looked at the book, some kind of romance shit. What a fucking nerd. I grabbed her soft hair and pulled her light body up. I punched and kicked her until she was whimpering in pain on the floor.

I have fucking math for the second time. I might just skip. I can't be asked to deal with that teacher; he picks on me with every chance he gets.

Isabella's POV:

I opened the door to the classroom; there's about two minutes until students fill the classroom. I saw the teacher sitting at his desk. I couldn't help but stare. His muscles peeking out from his shirt are so hot. I blushed in embarrassment. I can't believe I just checked out my math teacher. I took a seat. I'm not sure if there's a seating plan, but I just sat where he pointed, even though I have glasses, my eyes probably couldn't see from the back.

I pulled out my pen. I had to go with a standard boring one since Sebastian stole my only good pen. Talk about stolen, do you think Sebastian will give back my bike? I use it like every day. Without it, I would have to walk to school, and I'll also have to stop going to that café, which is already a long journey, even on my bike. I'm too much of a coward to ask for it back. I frowned.

"Isabella, it's good to see you again," I turned around to the husky voice of the teacher.

Struggling to find words, I said the first one that comes to mind, "Hey, sir." I don't know why, but it sounded weird to say that to my teacher.

"You don't need to call me that, Isabella; you can call me Zach," he said, smiling. At first, I thought he was scary looking, but this proved me wrong; he's actually really nice. I smiled, looking back at my bag and getting my notebook out.

I slightly jumped when the teacher got close to the desk, handing me a piece of paper. I opened it; there was a long line of numbers. I looked up, confused. "It's my number."

"I don't have a phone," I said, fiddling with my fingers. Why would he need my number? Stop overthinking; he probably gave it to you since you're new, and you might need help.

"Good girl," he smirked, walking back to his desk.

I think about what he said. Am I a good girl for not having a phone? I don't get it. Even though he's very good-looking, I feel weird that he said that. I mean, he's like ten years older than me. I brushed the feeling away as people came in; some walked to their seats, and some looked at me and laughed. "Why's she so early?" one laughed. "She was probably trying to get with the teacher," another said a little quieter so that the teacher didn't hear.

They're right; I look so stupid. I've been sitting in class five minutes early; I look like such a nerd.

The teacher started the register. Apparently, James was supposed to be in this class. I didn't see him earlier; maybe it's a different James. I knew everything that was being taught, so I played a dice game on my calculator instead. I looked up as someone walked in.

"James, why are you always so late?" the teacher sighed.

James shrugged. "After school detention, go take a seat." I looked at James's face; he looked so unfazed that he got a detention. It's almost hot that he's a bad boy. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt my shoulder being brushed. I looked beside me; James sat down. There's not many people in this class, so there's probably a lot of spare seats; so why would he sit next to me? Whatever the reason was, it was nice to be picked for once.

"Hey," I said quietly, trying not to distract anyone.

"Hey, I haven't seen you since this morning," James sounded concerned.

I decided that I won't tell anyone about what happened; I learned my lesson when Claire told the principal. I know she would have got into trouble if she didn't, but I still feel betrayed.

James looked like he was fighting back from saying something. I smiled at him reassuringly and faced the board.

I kept my eyes on the clock; it's getting close to the end. I looked down when James's arm reached over to my desk to take the piece of paper that Zach gave me. Shit, I forgot that forgot that was there. 

I watched from the corner of my eye as he opened the paper. I could see that he wasn't happy as he scrunched it up and put it in his pocket.

I let my mind wander. Maybe if I apply for that job in the library, I could buy a phone. I smiled, thinking I could text Britney then, and maybe even James. It's a win-win. The library was beautiful, and I love books. I frowned, remembering what happened to mine. There's no point in trying to get it out of the bin; I saw people put their rubbish in it after Sebastian threw it in, and I don't want to be bullied more for going through the bin. I'll just have to make up a lie to tell my father.

-----------------------------------------

I feel so bad for Isabella

Word count: 1332