The Masked Stranger: Aang

I waited outside the door of the masked stranger, I look at the grain in the wooden door entranced. Abruptly Katara comes out, "Is she ok?" Katara smiled as she put her hand on my shoulder, "Yes, she is Aang." She pulled me in for a hug. "I can't believe I'm not alone Katara." She sighed as she pulled away, "Aang, she isn't a normal air bender... She can bend other elements, just like the Avatar. She knows things, things not many people know. We need to be aware that she might not be someone we can trust." I pulled away, "I know... I know.." She gave me a concerned look. I started to walk to the now broken fountain in the main entrance of the temple. I could hear Katara following me. As we entered into the small room I saw Sokka and Toph. "Well twinkle toes who the heck is the weird bender?" I looked at her, she hadn't moved from her seat. Sokka stood, "Do you know how she can bend the other elements? I thought the Avatar was the only one who could manipulate other elements?" I opened my mouth to say something when, "She's Aang's Guide.." We all turned to see Zuko standing near the entrance to the rooms. "She's what now?" Toph says as she stands. "She... well you see...look Aang you just need to talk to her," he says grumpily. Katara goes and sits next to the fire, "Why does he need to talk to her for?" I look over at Zuko, he let's his hand turn into fire. Then looks back at the rooms and changes his mind. "Looks like weird bender girl has got a trance on hot head." Toph says while going over to sit next to Katara. Zuko gives a smirk her way, "Last time I checked she saved your lives.. You would think to be more kind to someone who almost gave her life to protect you." Everyone went silent. I looked at Zuko, "What's her name? How can she bend the other elements? How has she survived the last hundred years? Why hasn't she come to us sooner?" He looks at me, "She goes by many names Aang and the answers you are looking for I can't completely answer. Look all I can tell you is that she is older than Aang, she has been encased in ice for a long time.  She has also been training to guide and protect the Avatar generations." He went over and looked at the sun, which was starting to set. "I am still confused on who she is?" I said looking at the entrance to the rooms. He looked over at me, "I guess you'll have to ask her..."

I lay awake as everyone sleeps peacefully near the fire. The night air is stale and heavy. I sit up and see the fire is dimming. I stand looking at the group, Sokka drooling and Katara peaceful as she slept. Toph had her feet lifted up as she slept on the hard ground. I tiptoe out of the main entrance leading to the rooms, I almost fall over when I see Zuko sitting next to her room. I quietly walk towards him, "Zuko?" I whisper. I  hear snoring and I chuckle as I grab the handle. I quietly open the door and close it behind me. I turn to look at the her, "I was wondering when you would show Aang." She had her mask on but her brown wavy hair was sticking out. "Uh, Hi.." She was wearing Air nomad sleep attire. "Zuko informed me you knew I was your guide." I nodded, "Look I just have a few questions and I need answers." She sat up a little more, "Ok Aang I'll answer your questions as best as I can." I went and sat at the end of the bed, "What is your main element?" She sighed, "My main element is air, I was trained mainly at the Eastern Air Temple, I have been to all of the temples our people once prospered on." I smiled, "So your truly an air nomad?" She scratched her head, "Yes, technically. But where I grew most of my childhood was at the Northern Water Tribe." I leaned my body against the wall, "Oh ok. Can I ask what is the name you go by?" 

She leaned back into the pillow, "I have gone by many names, but what I like to be called is Kyra." I looked at her, "Can I know your birth name?" She shuffled a bit. "It's Ling." She laughed. "Cool! My mentor, Gyasto, told me that my grandmother was named Ling." She sat up, "Aang, do you know or remember anything about your parents?" I felt this pain in my chest, "No they secluded me when I was a baby, like most air-bending children who are to be trained by the monks." I went and sat at the end of the bed. She grabbed her chest I watched as she grabbed an air nomadic symbol necklace, "So you know nothing about your family?" I leaned up, "No, why do you ask?" She looked at me, "I know who your family is Aang." I jumped off the bed, "What? How do you know my family?" She looked down at her lap, "Because Aang I'm apart of your family." I went over to the door, "That's impossible." She tried to get up but failed horribly. She sat back down in the bed, "No Aang its not impossible. This is going to be a bit of a shock for you." I turned and looked at her, "I can handle it." She stood with the bed as her crutch, "I'm your twin Aang...." I looked at her wishing I could see her face, "Explain Ling.." I start to see tears go under her mask, "From what the monks told me is that the spirit Ravaa who is inside you didn't know which baby to choose so the spirit put a little of itself inside me and put her whole self inside of you. That's why I can bend all of the elements." She slid down into the bed. I walked over to her, "Your my twin? I didn't think that was possible for air-benders." 

She looked up at me, "Not impossible, just extremely rare." I grabbed her hand, "Can you tell me what mom looked like?" She looked at me, "She looked like you Aang." I let a tear slip down my face, "Can I look at you now?" She nodded as I grabbed the side of her mask, I slowly took it off, to reveal the most amazing sight. She was beautiful, she had light green eyes and brown hair. Her blue arrow was bright and she had side bangs. "Wow, your beautiful..." She giggled, "Thanks little brother.." I gave her a smirk, "Hey we are the same age!" She gave me a smirk back, "Actually I'm sixteen." I gave her a confused look, "Great... Is that how you know Zuko?" She giggled, "To preserve my age I was encased in ice, but before I could master fire-bending I had to be frozen. I was fifteen when I met Zuko then a year later I was encased again." I laughed, "No wonder he is protective of you." She grabbed the mask and looked at it, "He was good to me.. And Aang I'm sorry you didn't find out earlier. The monks did not want you to know about me or anything that was happening. I was to be a secret until the time was right." I gave her a hug, "At least I have something from home." She hugged me back. "Aang?" I pulled back, "Yeah?"She looked at me as the smile disappeared off her face, "How're your friends going to take this news?" I laughed, "I don't know Ling..." She sighed, "Can you call me Kyra?" I gave her another hug, "Of course.."