Confusion yet love - 3

Sara came back to Ahmedabad with the MI team , 3 days were left for the finals . She was very stressed about whom to support . She knew how bad the players feel after giving their best throughout the season and then end up being the runner ups . She was not ready to see any of them in such a state .

As she sat down thinking about it Shubman came back from practice . Even though he entered sara was still lost in her thoughts and didn't notice him .

Shubman “ Sara , you haven't slept yet , it's getting late and you must be tired ”

Sara came out of her thoughts and was startled. “ Yes Yes and ugh ! When did you come back ? ”

“ Sara ! ” Shubman said and kneeled down on the ground and took her hands as she sat on the bed . “ what is it that you are stressed about ? Tell me whatever it is ? ”

“ Nothing just about the finals ” sara said in a low voice looking down. 

“ It's ok sara I know you are stressed about the match , but trust me I can't help it , it is what it is and it will be like this. We can't do anything and if you want then let me take this away from you , it's ok if you don't want to attend the live match  . I know all the cameras keep focusing on you that's why you become more uncomfortable during such matches , your love is enough for me to win ”

Sara didn't say a word she started crying and hugged him after a few minutes she replied “ No I will come and support you both , I'll pray to god that make the team win which deserves to win more that's it ”

Shubman kissed her and said “ That's my girl , I know that baba always says that you are first his girl but I can say that right ? ” Sara “ Ofcourse you can silly ! I am all yours ”

Shubman “ Achha then first stop crying , and now go get some  sleep please, I'll change and join you in 5 minutes. Okay ? ”

Sara “ Sure ” she said kissing his forehead.

———————————————

Match day .

With the burst of the crackers the two teams entered the stadium.  Being the home captain shubman was asked to flip the coin and toss ended up being in the favour of MI . and they elected to bowl first .

As SKY stood giving the players their position. Shubman and Sai Sudarshan made their way to the field to bat .

Both the batsmen where in great form and were putting MI ballers to shame .
Sudarshan hit a quick 50 in just 18 balls while shubman played in a defensive manner hitting runs .

Sara was in the stands. She was happy to see GT in an amazing form but somewhere in her heart she wanted Arjun to pick up a wicket and that's what happened moments later.

Arjun's over was going on when Sudarshan hit the ball it went high and the fielder caught it .  It was MI's first wicket which was brought by Arjun after 7 overs .

As sudarsan made his way out another batsman came and he started playing defensive as Shubman went all out and hit 4 consecutive sixes and made a century. In the eight over securing the orange cap .

He played a great knock of 136 runs in 63 balls and faced a dismissal. Sara stood up clapping for the great innings played by her husband.

After the 20 overs , GT made a strong target for MI of 258 runs in 120 balls. In all of this , Arjun was able to take down 2 wickets and secured the purple cap for himself.

In the second innings , MI was playing well even though GT kept them in a fit .

Ishan and SKY played a great innings and took the score to 121 when SKY lost his wicket after that even though the runs were coming , wickets kept coming for GT .

In the final over MI needed 21 runs in last over . Tim David was on strike as Noor was bowling the last over .

Sara was sitting with her eyes closed not knowing what would happen .

Tim David having a lot of might was hitting ball and gaining boundaries.

Sara's eyes caught shubman he was looking tensed because of Tim David hitting so many boundaries. At that second she again became selfish and wished for his happiness.

Tim hit one more maximum , MI now needed 4 runs in 1 ball . Noor had a conversation with shubman and fixed the fielding again and asked shubman to stand near the place Noor predicted Tim to hit .

As Tim hit the ball and it went up Shubman caught the ball and there it was , Shubman threw the ball in the air and started celebrating the win .

Sara stood up cheering and shouting for GT but then she looked at the disappointed faces of MI fans and thought of her brother who must be sitting in the pavilion .

She came down to the ground and was greeted by some GT officials as they thought she must be there to meet Gill .

But instead she went up to the pavilion and greeted her father who was a little disappointed because of the balling performance of the team that day but had accepted the defeat , while Arjun was just standing there in silence looking at her.  Sara “ I am really proud of you Arjun you did amazing and also secured the purple cap ” but Arjun was still silent .

Shubman was busy in celebration with the team when he caught sara standing near the pavilion, in excitement he went to upto her and picked her up in his arms and said “ We won baby We won ! ” with a lot of enthusiasm. Sara “ Yes shub and I am really proud of you , you were amazing on the field today , you made a fantastic century and also caught the match winning catch . I am really proud of you ” but her voice wasn't the same as Shubman realised that she was a little sad for her brother loosing.

“ Arjun , you and the team did a great job. For a moment you even made me believe that we would loose ” Shubman said turning towards him.  Arjun “ Thanks you played well though and deserved to win ”

Then both Shubman and Arjun were called to give them their respective caps .
As Shubman was presented with the orange cap he thanked his entire team , family even sara to keep supporting him .

When Arjun was awarded the purple cap and took the microphone he first thanked the team then his family but also portrayed the love for his sister.

“ I want to specifically thank my sister for her support throughout the season, she was traveling a lot , she sacrificed her own sleep and peace so that she could be present at all my matches . Thankyou so much sissy , love you ” saying that he came down and hugged his sister and sara was in tears.

Even though sara was all confused throughout the season , both the boys loved her to infinity and never made her feel bad for being happy towards others win . And that's how she knew she was the luckiest in the world.

as became selfish for