prologue

Addison looks at her reflection in the mirror. Her blonde hair pulled back in a complicated updo. The light make up on her face was nothing out of the usual. Her body clad in a long light blue silk dress with spaghetti straps and a split that goes up to her mid thigh. The dress complimented her blue eyes and a smile spread on her lips.

After all, today was a day of happiness, of joy, and many memories that will be cherished for eternity. Her brother, James Clarke, was getting married today with a woman he met on set a long time ago. The older sister really wanted to be happy for her brother, but the memories of last year resurfaced anytime she thought about marriage. The odds of both siblings being left at the altar were low, and that thought comforted her.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door followed by "Dude, are you done with the self loathing in there?" The voice belonged to her best friend Eloise.

"Wasn't self loathing, Ellie!" The blonde replied quickly and opened up the door to find the brunette with her hand up ready to knock on the door again if necessary. "I was thinking about this assignment I have to grade"

Eloise rolled her eyes and grabbed her hand. "Sure you were, this is like a vacation Ads! We are literally in a mansion in the Hamptons and you're thinking about work?"

A chuckle escaped Addison's lips, she didn't get why her friend was so excited. "We are just here to celebrate my brother's wedding. Besides I have like a hundred pages to go through because of that stupid creative writing assignment I gave them. I thought that it would be fun reading them over the summer, but no! I have to analyze every sentence! Was his shirt red because he gets shot later and his white t-shirt stains to red, or does he really like red?"

"Well that is your own fault" The brunette pointed out as she led them down the stairs. "Now put on your shoes so you aren't late."

"I won't be late, Ellie. The wedding begins at five." Addison sighed as she put on the white heels that made her a few inches taller.

"You are in the bridal party, hell you're even the best woman, you have to be there earlier." She paused to look at her watch. "You are supposed to be there in 15 minutes, Addison."

The blonde finished putting on her heels and stood up, now slightly taller than Eloise. "Luckily it's only a 13 minute walk!" She turned and flashed the brunette a smile before exiting the house and walking towards the venue.

AN

Hi! I just started this story. Not sure if it's good to be honest and would love constructive criticism!