chapter 1 - the rings

Addison stood tapping her foot in the "get ready room" (have no idea what it's called but the room where they are before the actual ceremony starts) rocking in place as she watched her brother pacing before occasionally stopping at the mirror to mess with his hair.

"Don't touch the hair James, I worked hard on that." She spoke as he continued pacing.

It was only 20 minutes until the ceremony would begin and her brother was clearly nervous.

"What if she leaves me at the altar? What if someone objects?" James rambled as he stopped in front of the mirror and tried to tie his tie, but he was clearly struggling.

Addison's eyes scanned the room for a second and realized that none of the other groomsmen would help him since they were busy with their own ties or their hair. She walked over to her brother and pushed his hands out of the way and tied the tie neatly. "She is not going to leave you, dumbass. Do you need me to get Daisy to tell you that? Because both you and I know she would probably start giving you a lecture for even thinking that"

James looked down at his older sister. "I guess I just can't help but think because.... you know" He replied.

Addison frowned at the memory, "Yeah, well this is different. She won't leave you." She stepped away and made sure she had everything she needed. It was a very small list that consisted of the rings, one of them she would hand to the maid of honor and the other she would keep until the ceremony, and her cellphone.

"Addie, I'm sorry I didn't mean to mention it like that" James said, a slightly somber look in his eyes.

"Don't worry about it, Jamie. It's your happy day, ignore my feelings." She gave him a smile. "I'll just go deliver the other ring to where it's supposed to be, I'll be right back" And with that she exited the room.

In the room connecting the grooms and brides room stood Daisy Clarke. Her blonde hair was curled down her back, she was dressed in a sage green dress and around her neck hung her camera. The twenty two year old works as a wedding photographer and had gladly volunteered once she found out her brother was engaged.

"Hi Daisy, what are you doing here?" Addison asked softly as she approached her.

"I'm the guard obviously, they aren't allowed to see each other before she walks down the aisle and I'm making sure of that!" The younger sister replied.

A small chuckle escaped the older sister's lips, "Okay, and hypothetically, if they tried to see each other what would you do to stop them. Would you bite their ankle?"

"That was one time Ads! Seriously, I am not a baby anymore" Daisy exclaimed frustratedly.

"You'll always be my baby sister, Daisy. I don't care how old you get" The older girl smiled and continued her path to the other door.

Once she had arrived at it she knocked softly and footsteps could be heard from the otherside of the door.

A female voice was heard from the other side of the door, "Who are you and why are you here?"

"Uhm it's Addison and I'm here to leave the ring so the maid of honor can safely keep it close until the ceremony"

The door opened to show an ethereal tall blonde with red lipstick. She was clad in a dress the same light blue color as Addison, the color that the women in the bridal party wore on their dresses and the color the men in the bridal party had on their ties.

"Hi, I'm the maid of honor, Taylor," The woman said with a smile. "I believe you have something for me"

"Oh yes," Addison opened her clutch and took out the small box with the ring inside. "Here you go, Taylor" She held out the box to Taylor. Once Addison saw the woman's face she immediately recognized who it was. Though she decided to not make a big deal out of it since she figured the singer would appreciate it.

Taylor accepted the box from the shorter woman, "Thanks, I'll see you later."

"You're welcome" Addison nodded, "I'll see you later" she added as she turned and walked back to the room with the groom in it.