[ENG] ch. 4

Alresca sat on the long sofa near the window. That night, the moon seemed to smile at her, and Alresca instantly felt at peace.

Alone, waiting in the main hall of the crown prince's pavilion, she felt free and calm. It wasn't as bad living here as she had expected. Surprisingly, Alresca felt comfortable, unlike at her old home.

She felt grateful again.

"Enjoying the view?"

The deep, calm voice startled Alresca. The prince arrived, standing not far from her.

"Your Highness," Alresca greeted, standing up from her seat and slightly bowing.

For her, the peace offered by the moon instantly vanished, disturbed again by this blonde bear's presence. But she still showed courtesy and restraint.

Cadius looked at her from afar, observing Alresca's troubled expression as she showed her face. A faint smile appeared on his lips, giving the impression that his captive in front of him seemed to dislike him a little, before it vanished.

He sat on the sofa not so far from where Alresca had been sitting, stretching his broad shoulders on the sofa and exhaling softly, feeling relaxed. His eyes caught sight of Alresca still standing, seemingly waiting for him to speak or ask her to sit back down.

"Sit, no need to wait for my word," he said.

Hesitant, Alresca sat back down, lowering her gaze.

Without speaking, only the sound of the stream across the pavilion could be heard faintly. The ticking of a clock. Even the breath of the crown prince.

Was he asleep?

Alresca stole a glance at the prince, who had his eyes closed. She frowned, wondered about her purpose here if she was only asked to attend and watch him sleep.

"Thank you."

That one word surprised her again. It seemed that every time he spoke, Alresca would always be surprised.

Alresca straightened her dress and sat a little more comfortably. "Yes, Your Highness?"

"Yesterday."

His answer was brief before he opened his eyes and looked at her. Oh, her face could look so innocent when saying 'yes', It made Cadius chuckle softly.

"I behaved rudely. I should have thanked you first after you helped me deal with that disaster," Cadius tried to repay what he had received, albeit a little late. He was greatly helped yesterday.

Alresca remained silent for a moment before nodding. "It's nothing, Your Highness."

She began to think that perhaps this bear wasn't as bad as she thought, at least he still had manners. She smiled, relieved that her personal conflict was slowly lifted after Cadius thanked her.

"And then, I want you to be my concubine."

Alresca still smiled and nodded.

"What?"

Her eyes widened, surprised by what the crown prince had just said. Her brain stopped thinking instantly.

Cadius sighed, adjusting his collar and crossing his legs, trying to appear more relaxed.

"I said be my concubine," Cadius repeated his statement.

Their eyes met. One pair was still wide with surprise, while the other was calm and cold, seemingly unaffected by what had just been said by himself.

"But, Your Highness... You don't have a legitimate wife yet..."

Cadius squinted, not expecting that the village girl he had picked up would know about these things. Making him somehow doubt Alresca was just an innocent village girl.