3

After all the introductions were made Kara noticed Alura getting tired. "Come on darling! Let's get you to bed." Kara said as she picked the yawing girl from Sam's lap. "Ok mommy! Good night Auntie Alex, Auntie Sammy, Auntie Magpie. Good night Miss Luthor." Alura stated with a sleepy grin waving at them as she got carried away. Kara just smiled as she helped Alura get into her pajamas before brushing her teeth and putting her into the large bed. "Mommy? Can you read me a story?" Alura asked. "Of course darling! What would you like to hear?" Kara asked unaware that Lena was watching from the doorway. "Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone!" Alura replied quietly. "Ok darling! It's right here!" Kara replied picking it up. She read the first chapter before realizing Alura was sound asleep. "Good night my little moon calf...I love you..." Kara whispered before she kissed her head.

Turning she saw Lena leaning against the door frame. "Lena?" Kara asked. "Sorry...I didn't mean to intrude....I just wanted to talk to you alone...if thats ok?" Lena asked. "Yea..ok..." Kara replied. They headed into the next spare room which Kara would be staying in for a while. Shutting the door behind them Kara motioned for them to sit on the bed. "Listen..I know you're probably still upset with everything, and I understand that completely, but I want to know how sorry I am for walking away like I did." Lean began. "Lena...I was mad but I've had four years to get over it. I understand why you did it. Finding out I'm an alien is one thing but then you find out I had a baby was another. I get it, I do. But I don't understand is why you didn't reach out to me? Maggie, Alex, Sam and Eliza visited all the time."Kara asked.

"I wanted to...every day...but I wasn't in the right headspace for a long time. I went to therapy every day after I found out you were in Ireland. I knew it was the only way I could be able to mend myself and possibly find a way to become your friend again. I'm sorry it took me so long to work on myself." Lena replied as she wiped a tear away. "Hey...Lee...it's ok..I'm glad you took the time to work on yourself...I really am. And maybe if you want to over the next four months I'll be here we can hang out. Alura's turning four next week so you can start building our friendship again by coming to that. It's gonna be here...since I don't have a condo here yet." Kara explained.

Lena looked at her she hadn't changed one bit. Still the strong woman she was all those years ago. Still as beautiful too. "Did you have any help in Ireland? With Alura?" Lena asked. "Maggie stayed for about six months. She took care of Alura and the house while I worked. Sam, Alex and Eliza came to visit a bunch." Kara replied. "Do you have a date for the gala?" Lena asked. "No, I'm going with Maggie as friends." Kara replied. "Oh...well I look forward to seeing you there." Lena said. "Yea...let's go join the rest of the party.

This time they sat together and continued talking to everyone. "So Kar? Seeing anyone in Ireland?" Sam asked. "No...with Alura's schedule and my working it's not possible to date someone casually." Kara replied. "Yea...she needs someone serious!" Alex replied with a smirk as she looked at Lena . "Well it's true! I don't want to keep introducing Alura to random women all the time. I want someone who will be in it for the long haul." Kara stated. Sam looked at the blonde then at Lena who she could see was blushing a little. "So Alura is like your mini me! Does she have powers too?" Lena asked. "Not yet. It's too early to tell that. However she is top hot her class at her school. And like me she's on her way to becoming a science guild member. So science fairs take up a lot of my free time." Kara added.

"Science fairs? At four?" Lena asked. "Yea..she goes to this school for gifted children. My niece! Gifted child!" Alex stated. "And she can play the piano too! Last month we were at her first recital. Along with her horse back riding lessons." Sam stated. "Horse back riding? Piano? She's not even four... when did she start all this?" Lena asked looking at Kara now. "She was two when she began horse back riding lessons, and three when she began piano and three when she got into science fairs. She began walking at six months, talking at a year old. And well she's been on the roll ever since. It's not uncommon for Kryptonian children to be fast learners." Kara explained.

Lena was shocked. "Well I guess that's true. Kara...shes up..." Lena said looking at the little blonde girl standing behind the sofa. "Alura..what's wrong darling?" Kara asked as she ran over to her. "Bad dream mommy..." She whispered. "Come here darling. Let's sit and you can tell me about it if you want." Kara whispered. "No..." Alura replied. "Ok darling. I'll just hold you then ok?" Kara whispers as Alura nods slowly. Kara returned to her seat next to Lena with Alura in her arms. "Sorry for interrupting." Alura says looking at her aunties. "It's ok darling! You're our favorite interruption." Maggie replies. "Mommy?" Alura asks. "What darling?" Kara responds. "Can I go sit with Auntie Magpie?" Alura asks. "Of course darling. I'm sure Auntie Magpie would love to have you on her lap. Kara replied as she watches her run towards Maggie. "Hi Auntie Magpie I miss you! I wish you stayed with mommy and me!" Alura exclaims happily. "Hello sweetie! I miss you too, but remember I told you I had to come back for my job?" Maggie explained as Alura nodded. "Why does she call Maggie magpie?" Lena asked. "When Alura began talking she had a hard time saying Maggie so she called her Magpie like the bird and it stuck." Kara replied.

A few hours went by before everyone started heading for the spare rooms. After all the alcohol they consumed no one would be able to drive home. "I'll put her to bed." Maggie stated holding Alura still. "Ok.." Kara replied. Kara followed Maggie and soon fell asleep in bed with them both. "This is your room Lena." Sam said. "Thanks..." Lena replied. "Hey...I know what you're thinking.." Sam replied. "And what's that?" Lena asked. "That it should be you in bed with Alura and Kara not Maggie.." Sam stated. "Well it should be..but I fucked up." Lena whispered before disappearing into the room. Sam followed her pulling her in for a hug. "So make up. Show Kara you want to be with her. Show her your everything she needs in a person, in a step mom for Alura." Sam whispered as they parted ways.