10

Once Kara knew Alura was sound asleep she returned to the living room where Lena sat on the sofa with two glasses of red wine poured. "She asleep?" Lena asked. "Yea.. finally..." Kara replied shaking her head clear of the previous conversation she had. "What's wrong?" Lena asked. "Nothing...well.." Kara replied softly. "Kara, your crinkle is showing. Now what's bothering you?" Lena asked again as Kara swallowed the glass of wine. "Alura...she...well she asked me something during bath time." Kara replied softly. "What did she ask? It's obviously something that got you flustered." Lena replied.

Kara let out a long breath before answering. "She asked me if I love you, then she decided to say that she wanted you to be her other mom, because you're pretty and smart, and you play with her. Then when I tried to tell her I'd deal with it she shot back and said 'I'll ask her to be my mommy because she'll say yes to me!' Just like that...I wish I could get drunk off this stuff.."Kara rambled on. Lena was in complete shock at hearing what Kara had said. Lena knew she had to say something, she just didn't know what to say. "More wine?" Was all that came out of her mouth at that moment. "Really? That's all you have to say? Nothing else?" Kara asked shaking her head.

"No...I'm just not sure what to say. Or ask. Do you love me?" Lena replied suddenly catching Kara off guard. However the blush that filled the blondes face was enough of an answer for the L Corp CEO. However what happened next caught Lena off guard. Kara suddenly found herself grabbing Lena but the shirt and pulling her into a powerful kiss. It took a moment for Lena to kiss back but when she did the rest of the world disappeared from around them. It was like they were the only two in the whole world.

Gasping for air they pulled apart looking at one another. "I still love you Lena..I always have. But it's not just me now...it's me and Alura." Kara stated. Lena's hands were still sitting on Kara's shoulders and they were still looking intensely at each other. "I know...I had this talk at the trampoline park with Eliza. I understand what you need. And if you give me a chance I will be everything you two need and more. I promise." Lena whispered. Kara had tears pricking at her eyes as Lena spoke. "I love you Kara Zor-El Danvers. And I am not gonna let you go again." Lena added with teary eyes. "I love you too Lena Kieran Luthor. But how do you feel about my child?" Kara asked. "Kara...I love that little girl as if she was already mine. When..when Maggie came in with that gun...I was ready to stand in front of both of you to take any bullets Maggie would shoot off." Lena whispered.

Kara couldn't hold herself back any more after hearing Lena's confession Kara could only do one thing. She pulled Lena into her lap so that the ravenette was straddling her and kissed her hard while allowing her hands to explore Lena's body. However before it could go any further then a heated make out session they pulled apart from one another. "We...I...we...should take this slow." Kara stammered. "I understand...I'm ok going slow. Kara...I'm in this for the long haul. When you go back to Ireland, I'm gonna be on that jet with you. Sam and Jess can handle things here both in National City and Metropolis." Lena stated.

Kara scanned her face for any signs of lying before speaking. "You really mean it?" Kara asked. Lena leaned in and whispered. "Yes darling, I am not letting you get away again. It hurt too much the first time. And I do not want to go through that pain again especially after meeting and bonding with Alura...so now the question is will you let me take you on a proper date? No office lunches, no game night pizza binges, just you and me...what do you say Kar?" Lena asked.

"Give me a week to set the condo up and get resettled in my old office then we can go on this date, I'll even think about letting you pay..." Kara replied with a chuckle. Lena playful smacked her arm. "I'm gonna pay! I asked out!" Lena stated. "We'll see who gets their first." Kara replied. "When did you stop wearing your glasses?" Lena asked. "Right after I moved away. It's also the same time I stopped being 'Supegirl'. It wasn't needed any more. I could finally be just Kara Danvers, CEO of Cat Co. International, Mom to Alura Danvers, and bake sale extraordinaire." Kara added. "Bake sale extraordinaire? How do you do it all Kara?" Lena asked.

Kara sighed. "After Maggie left, I brought Alura into the office with me, then she began school, which meant bake sales, PTA meetings, and after school activities. I left work every day at two, got home prepared dinner so I could cook it when I got home from everything. Dinner was over by six, Alura had her bath and was in bed by seven thirty every night. And I would sit in the living room drink a few glasses of scotch or whisky, watch the news, or video chat with Alex and Sam or Eliza." Kara explained. "Why did Maggie leave? I know it wasn't because of her job." Lena asked.

"She left because one night after Alura went to bed she kissed me and told me she was in love with me. When I told her I didn't feel the same about her she got mad at me and said she'd leave in the morning. That next morning when I got up she left a note saying 'I'm sorry for kissing you..I just thought that by now you'd be over Lena..and I could have a chance.. but I was wrong...again. I hope you find what you're looking for...even if it does involve Luthor... Maggie....' After that she didn't come back for Christmas, or any of Alura's birthdays. Now she'll be missing her fourth birthday next weekend." Kara replied.

"Kara I am so sorry you went through that. What are your plans for Alura's birthday?" Lena asked. "Well now that she's been to the trampoline park, I'm thinking a pizza party at our new place. A couple of her friends from Ireland and their moms are coming here for it too. So she'll like that. But that's it." Kara stated. "Sounds like a good time. I'll come over early and help set up, is there a theme?" Lena asked. Kara smiled at the question. "Horses! More specifically this one character from her favorite cartoon 'Annie Oakley and her cowgirl gang' Alura loves it. You don't need to dress up but there will be costumes for pictures available. I've ordered a custom cake already and all the decorations....I'll be right back..I'm gonna go check on Alura." Kara explained.