{𝟐𝟑} *ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐲

"How are you not cold?" Lilly asked in disbelief as she took off her large winter coat. It was snowing outside. "Minnesota," Scarlett shrugged, laughing. "You get used to it." 

"Sarah!" Keira exclaimed happily as she ran up to her friend. Josephine smiled as Sarah hugged her back with equal enthusiasm. She had worried Keira wouldn't be as close with the team due to age difference, but things were going well. Everyone then headed to the main studio for pyramid.

"Thoughts and Prayers was the overall high score winner," Abby began as everyone clapped. "I had three solos. We got second place and fourth place. It looks really bad."

"You know what looks bad Miss Abby?" Joanne spoke up. "When you have parents in the fitting room attacking like a bunch of wolves at me and my child two minutes before she does her solo. My kid went in there. She was ready to do her routine and you guys want to change my words. There is dressing room etiquette-"

"Wait a minute wait a minute," Abby stopped her. "The kid was the problem. I want to hear from you because you were the big crybaby."

"I'm sorry and I'll learn," Gianina apologised.

"No, I want to hear from you like why did it happen?"

"Well, I don't want you to take my tears as weakness. I was just frustrated and I still am frustrated." Gianina started crying.

"Look in the mirror," Abby told her. "Is that a pretty girl?" Gianina shook her head. "I don't want to see a kid cry. I'm trying to make a team of winners, and when you act like that you're not tough enough to let it roll. That's what worries me." Gianina wiped her tears away.

"I'm moving on to the pyramid. At the bottom of the pyramid, Gianina. Next, Sarah. You were a little shaky in the group dance. It was visible because you're next to someone who has excellent technique. When you dance next to Scarlett, you need to keep up. You can't be shaky next time."

Scarlett was happy Abby thought she had great technique but felt bad for Sarah. "Sorry," she whispered. Sarah shook her head and smiled, "It's fine. It gives me motivation to work on my technique." Scarlett returned an encouraging smile.

"Next, Pressley. You did a good job. You did what you were supposed to do. Next, Keira. Same thing." Keira smiled at Pressley. It was nice they got recognised even though they didn't have an extra dance.

"Next, Savannah. Your entrance was great. Moving up, Hannah. Hannah, you went from last on pyramid all the way up there. I thought you did an outstanding job. However, you do not apply corrections quick enough for me. Next, Scarlett. Second place. I know you're not a second place dancer but you need to prove to me again that you can win."

Scarlett nodded. She wasn't as upset about second place as Abby was. Like Sarah, she felt it was motivation to work harder. 

"Next, Brady. Brady I thought you did an outstanding job but there is so much more that you can offer. It's about growth. It's about acting. And at the top of the pyramid, Lilly."