Chapter 18

#OLASweetNemesis

Chapter 18
Choco Chip

"Thank you for your time. As much as I wanted to take you home, I don't think your bodyguard likes the idea..." Nikko tried to laugh it off as he glanced at Keno behind me.

Paano ba naman kasi ay agad niya akong pinagbuksan ng pinto ng sasakyan. He was wearing a straight face while waiting for us to finish talking. Nasa itsura niya pa na mukhang nagmamadali sa pag-uwi. Para siyang time bomb na kapag ilang minuto pang nagtagal dito ay sasabog na.

"Sorry about that, Nikko," nahihiya kong sabi. "Next time na lang siguro? I'll speak with my bodyguard beforehand."

"No worries." He smiled and shook his head. "I'm actually glad that he's not taking his job lightly. I understand that he's still wary of me around you. Ngayon lang tayo nagkita at nagkakilala."

"Thank you for being so understanding, Nikko." Keno could never. Kung masama rin siguro ang ugali niyong si Nikko ay baka nagsabong na itong dalawa.

"But I'll take your word. Next time na lang?" His eyes flickered with hope.

I nodded and smiled. "Yes. Next time."

"Looking forward to that." He flashed a smile back. Everything about that smile looked so genuine and sincere.

"Ahem!" Keno cleared his throat again. Parang madalas kumati ang lalamunan niya ngayon ah.

"Sorry..." Nahihiya kong sabi. "I'll make sure to buy him meds for cough."

Nangingiting umiling si Nikko. "You should go now. I'll update you once I'm home," he said, his voice firm yet reassuring.

His words hung in the air, surprising me. It wasn't his responsibility to keep me informed of his whereabouts, but he volunteered to do so.

I nodded in awe, feeling touched by his gesture. A sense of gratitude and admiration washed over me as I realized the depth of his kindness. Hindi ako sanay sa ipinapakita niya kaya hindi ko maiwasang mamangha.

Nikko waited until I got inside the car. Once I was settled in the passenger seat, I watched him from the side mirror. Naglakad na siya papunta sa kanyang Benz, ngunit bago ko pa siya tuluyang makitang makapasok ay mabilis na pinaandar ni Keno ang sasakyan.

"Looks like he managed to win you over in a short period." Keno's voice enveloped me with its cold and deep tone.

With a frown, I turned to his serious face while his eyes were fixed on the road. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I blurted out, unable to contain my annoyance and frustration. Kanina pa hindi maganda ang pinapakita niyang pag-uugali kay Nikko. Hindi ko nagustuhan kung paano siya umakto.

His jaw clenched at my profanity, but he remained composed. "Your word," he said, reminding me to watch my language, but I couldn't care less.

"Bago mo ako turuan kung paano magsalita, shouldn't you be educating yourself first on how to act kind and polite?" sabi ko. "You were so rude to Nikko."

"How was I rude?" he asked, his tone laced with menace. Nakataas pa ang kilay niya na halatang naghahamon.

"Hindi maganda ang pagsagot mo sa kanya kanina. Ni hindi mo man lang nagawang ngumiti. He was being nice to you! To us!"

"Tinanong niya ako, sinagot ko. Ano ba'ng dapat ginawa ko?" sabi niya.

"You could've said it in a nicer way!" I argued. "Nakakahiya kay Nikko. He's my date! Sana nakisama ka na lang."

Muling umigting ang panga niya at matalim ang tingin na ipinukol niya sa akin nang sumulyap. "It's not my job to please your date or your friends. I'm here to protect you, and be wary of people who can possibly threaten your security."