1.

„George is really cool."

~•~

~•~

"All right, Shua, get dressed so we can head out," Nova asked her brother, who was running around the room and seemed reluctant to get dressed anytime soon. But he had to get dressed because Nova already knew she would be late for work, and she didn't need to be any later than she was now.

They were in Sakhir, Bahrain. They arrived two days ago, but today everything was really starting—today the practices were starting. Today they would find out if their car was fast enough. And Nova hoped it was because she was one of the people responsible for the car's data and statistics.

She started working for the Mercedes team three years ago while she was studying at the University. She had it as an internship, but because she was excellent at her job, she spent her final year of engineering school remotely because she traveled around the world with Formula 2. Joshua spent time with the family of her best friend in Ireland at that time.

It was the worst year of her life because it was just a while after their parents died, and Joshua kept asking where his sister was. He was only four years old, and he had to live with strangers completely alone just because his sister chose her career over him. She didn't want to do it, but she knew that if she wanted to take care of her brother in the future, she would have to finish her studies to find a well-paying job. Fortunately, she found one, but it also meant she would have to travel the world. At first, she wanted to leave her brother in Ireland because her best friend's parents liked him and became something like grandparents to him, but she couldn't live with the feeling that Joshua was growing up somewhere without her. She wanted to be with her brother. He was at an age where he changed completely every day, and Nova wanted to be there for him because that's what her parents would have wanted. It was a tough decision, but fortunately, even Toto Wolff agreed, and she could take Joshua with her.

"But I want to play," he said as he grabbed his toy car and started running again. Nova was surprised at how much energy the boy had because he could jump over the bed as if it were nothing.

Nova had been raising him for over a year, and this was the first time something like this had happened. There was a possibility that it was because they were in a place that was completely new to Joshua overall. Until now, she had been with him only in America, Ireland, or England, and always for a longer period. This would be the first time she would travel the world with him, with him being somewhere new every week. Maybe he was looking forward to it, or maybe this behavior was some kind of protest.

She didn't have anyone to tell her how she was doing in raising Joshua. Her family died, and she never met her grandparents because her parents never talked about them—she didn't feel the need to look for them for Joshua's sake either. Her parents didn't talk about them for a reason, and that was why she simply didn't want to be interested in them.