5.

All he wished for was a go-kart and the opportunity to start racing so he could one day achieve his dream and become a champion and a legend like his hero, Lewis Hamilton.

~•~

Nova sat on the bed when a wave of excitement in the form of little Joshua rushed to her, holding a package of cards with the determination of a young master. For some, it might be surprising that a five-year-old boy mastered various card games, but for her, it was just a regular part of the day. Nova had decided to teach her brother how to play so they could spend quality time together, especially when she happened to have a day off from work. And now, after finishing all her tasks for the day, she sat on the bed and watched some TV show that she didn't understand anyway because it wasn't in English. She had time, so she was happy when her brother came with a box containing all their board and card games so they could play together.

Despite having two beds in the room, they both decided to sit on the floor. It was their little tradition that both of them enjoyed. Nova, because that's how she used to do it with her parents, and Joshua, because that's how Nova taught him.

"Will we see George tomorrow?" Joshua asked as he handed her cards. For Nova, it was still a bit strange how quickly George had become a popular figure in her brother's eyes. When she started working in Formula One, she assumed Joshua would find someone he could get along with, but she thought more of a mechanic or a manager, just someone to spend time with - it never occurred to her that it would be one of the main drivers.

Nova felt relieved knowing that Joshua had found someone he could rely on when they had to leave home over and over again because of the races. She was happy that she wouldn't have to see her brother damn sad every time he said goodbye to all the neighbor's kids he had managed to befriend during their time in England. Now Joshua would have a reason to be happy and would fill his days with smiles, knowing that someone he respected awaited him at the races.

But that joy was somewhat clouded by the fact that that someone was the driver himself, a man who would be busy during the races and wouldn't have as much time for friendly moments. So, in a way, they were back to where they started. Joshua would look forward to every race and would radiate enthusiasm and optimism, but as soon as he entered the garage and George didn't have time, his world would quickly dim.

"George will always be in the garage," Nova smiled, trying to suppress her own worries, "but we've made a few modifications to his car, so I'm not sure if he'll have time because we'll have to test everything."

"He'll find the time for sure," Joshua assured her, a smile on his lips, his words sounding like a ray of hope on a gloomy day. "He promised me."

"He promised you something?" Nova asked with surprise, her forehead immediately furrowing. They would have to have a talk with George when they saw him again because he simply shouldn't have done that. You don't promise things to little kids like that because if you don't keep your promise, it will be her who will have to face the angry and sad Joshua, searching for words of comfort and reassurance. He won't be there when Shua cries because his favorite person left him hanging just because he didn't have time.