3.

"Here, George picks the one where he can bump into the most people."

~•~

~•~

"Most importantly, don't go anywhere far, alright?" Nova turned to her brother as they entered the garage. The morning, just awakening, was the embodiment of the promise the girl had made. Despite the possibly already occupied space by several engineers and mechanics, Nova considered herself one of the first in the garage - promises are meant to be kept, and she fulfilled the promise she made to her boss.

With a certain determination, she set herself the goal of using this time to further review the results of tests conducted in the virtual racing simulator. She wanted to compare the current results with those of yesterday to uncover the secret of why their car seemed to excel in the simulator while losing ground on the real track against competitors like Haas and Alpine, who were always among the last in the standings. If not the last.

"Do you have to work?" Joshua looked at her with a sparkle in his eyes. He knew they had arrived in the garage earlier than they should have, and he hoped that his sister would be able to spare him some time because of it.

"I'm sorry, but unfortunately, I have to work today," Nova expressed with regret and lightly tousled his hair with a touch of her palm. It was a gesture to which the boy had always been a victim. His rich blond locks attracted touches as if they had a magnetic allure of their own - anyone who knew him couldn't resist at least one tactile interaction.

She really wanted to spend time with her brother. She would have gladly put aside her notebook and spent a few moments assembling LEGO structures that her brother had brought today. But she couldn't do it. Time was not on her side - during training, she had the heaviest burden on her shoulders. It was she who had to unravel the mystery of why the car was not performing as expected on the track. The whole upcoming season was hanging in the balance. Everyone was waiting to see what the data engineers would come up with, as they were the ones who had access to all the data about the car and could pinpoint even the smallest flaws.

She loved her brother with all her heart and wanted to be his support. Their parents were no longer in the picture, so she felt obligated to be both a mother and an older sister to him. But work didn't allow her to fully experience that. Instead, it seemed that her role as a sister was always overshadowed by her work commitment.

Although she tried to take care of him, she often left him sidelined while she had to dive into work duties. It was a painful decision because that young man with the blond curls deserved better treatment. He deserved a better sister.

"Can you take a break for a while?" he asked with a smile that knew exactly how to affect her, and he put on puppy eyes that had almost magical power. But today it just wasn't possible. Plus, she felt a little guilty for arriving late yesterday and decided to make up for it a bit today. Even though Toto wasn't in the garage yet, she still wanted to make use of every spare moment for work.