2.

"I drive it, so I kind of hope it'll be safe, fast, and competing at the top of the table."

~•~

~•~

Nova and Joshua returned to the hotel around six in the evening because there was a minor issue with the Formula, which belonged to Hamilton, and they wanted to resolve it as soon as possible because other teams were already making fun of Mercedes, as they had significantly worsened over the last three years and were no longer competitive against Red Bull. Now they were competing with Aston Martin, which was a humiliation for someone like Mercedes. Toto took this very badly, and because of it, so did the others. Everyone was under high pressure. Everyone wanted this year to be successful, and they wanted to overthrow Max from his dominance in this sport.

However, it didn't look like that yet. Their cars looked worse than last year, and Nova, who had access to data even from previous seasons, could see it very well. She compared the results and couldn't help but notice that their cars were lagging behind this year.

But she wasn't a mechanic; she wasn't here to think about the car's design. She didn't know how to fix this problem. She could only provide results and maybe outline how things could be fixed, although she didn't know if it would help - there were other people for that.

Joshua didn't seem to be troubled by anything like that. While his sister was stressed about their team falling into the lower half of the constructor's standings, he was only interested in what color his little car was, which he loved to play with. This year, it was a red car, which didn't please Toto much, but Ferrari mechanics were excited when they saw Shua with a red car in his hand.

"George showed me how to change tires on a formula," Shua told his sister while jumping on the bed, even after the blonde clearly told him not to jump on the bed. But the boy didn't listen because he was in his own world. At the moment, he didn't think about anything except how he spent his morning.

"Great," Nova replied, but she didn't lift her gaze from her notebook and the papers she printed in the Motorhome. She needed to solve all the problems she saw in these statistics. She was the only one who saw them; others didn't. For others, the car was fine, just a little slower. Nova saw that the car was lagging behind and wanted to solve that problem. It was her first year at Mercedes, and she wanted to help the team climb to at least third place this year so that they could compete in the top three in the constructor's championship again. She wanted their drivers to push Max a bit and maybe even scare him a little, showing that their car could beat him.

But it didn't look like that yet. It looked like they would be happy if they beat Aston Martin.

"And did you know that George has holes in his helmet for a water straw so he can drink while driving?" the boy asked his sister, who didn't pay attention to his words. She loved her brother very much, but sometimes he didn't know when to calm down. He didn't realize that his sister didn't have time to talk to him right now. It saddened her a little because she wanted to spend time with him, but she really needed to work.