𝐕𝐈

dedicated to vi0lettal0vezz
you're so sweet and kind

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗

Mornings were so difficult. God, you wake up, your brain is all foggy and you just wanna go back to sleep. Today was no exception. But the difference was that we'd forgotten to close the curtains in Arabella's flat the night before so the sun was beaming through, a rarety for Scotland, onto my eyelids making it impossible to fall back asleep. I squinted my eyes, stretching my back as much as I could with something weighing on half my chest. I blinked a few times, remembering what was weighing on my chest when I came face to face with Arabella. She'd fallen asleep laying against me last night and I guess we'd moved in our sleep. Now her top half was laying on my chest, her hand clutching my shirt, knees curled up beside us. Our faces were just a few inches away, my head laying on the back of the settee, I'd definitely have a crook in my neck for the rest of the day. Could've sworn in that moment, the crisp morning light shining on her soft features, her hair more blonde than usual, the mirror ball projecting dots across her cheeks, that she was an angel. Jamie groaning snapped me out of the daze Arabella had put me in.

"Fuck," He whispered, stretching from the other side of the settee. Arabella stirred turning her body to face the back of the settee, pushing her face further into my chest. She breathed heavily as everyone started to stir too.

"What time is it?" She rasped. Matt looked around for his phone and held it up to read the time. He huffed and colapsed back in his previous sleeping position on the floor.

"... we have to go," He mumbled. Go? Oh fuck right, Glasgow. I opened my eyes once again, squinting in the bright morning light around at everyone before down at Charlotte who was now clutching at the shoulder of my t-shirt. Her brows furrowed and lips tilted down in a pour as she pressed herself into me more.

"No," She grumbled adorably, I couldn't help but laugh a little bit. Nick then groaned. "Oh, shit," She pushed herself into a sitting position, her hair falling to one side of her face. She squeezed her eyes, holding her head and then squinted her eyes and looked at me. Her grey eyes connecting with mine for a second too short before she spun around, rolling off the settee and stumbling over Nick, leaving me feeling cold without her. "I have classes," She muttered anxiously as she rushed to turn the coffee machine in the kitchen on. Lazily, the rest of us slowly started waking up more as she ran into her room. Matt tripped over his own feet to stand and stretch some more as I made my way over to the kitchen, stretching as well. I took the full mug of coffee from under the machine and put it aside before setting up my own cup and taking the cream from the fridge to set it down next to her coffee. Matt was by my side in a few seconds, demanding coffee. Arabella could be heard in her room, cursing stressfully to herself and loud thuds like she was falling into things and she came out a few seconds later in a little skirt, a grandpa sweater, a pair of boots and a leather jacket, tying half her hair back with a ribbon.

"Oh, thank you, Al," She sighed, pouring cream into her coffee before shuffling through a cupboard and pulling out a travel mug to change the brown liquid energy into. She grabbed an apple and a tangerine as she took a big gulp of coffee. She checked her watch but she didn't have one on and she rolled her eyes at herself. She was like a blur. She was so active so quick while we just stood there still half asleep. "Right, I have to go now," She turned to me and Matt as we stood in a bit of a mess in her kitchen. Jamie stumbled up from the settee, accidentally kicking Nick. "I'm really sorry. I wish you guys didn't have to go," She pulled Matt into a hug first.

"It's alright, we'll get you round to see our concerts on weekends." Matt rasped in his morning voice. "Stay safe, cous',"

"You too, Matthew," They pulled apart and I thought she'd hug me next but instead she turned around to the view of the livingroom. I became worried she wasn't going to hug me at all, or look at me, that's all I wanted, for her to look at me and to get a hug from her. She quickly made her way over to Cookie and Yellamo, hugging Cook first cause he was standing and they had a cute moment before she knelt down next to Nick's sitting form and they hugged, laughing at something stupid. She tripped up to her feet, locking eyes with me. I made my way a bit closer without meaning to. She made her way quickly to me, wrapping her arms around my neck as she threw her body into mine, knocking me back a step.